Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We have planed some nice activities for all Shark week participants, such as a Lobster dinner, Riding through the beautiful mountains of Maine and NH and a Whale Watching boat trip. For Wednesday August 13 we have a boat reserved, departing from Portland at 2 P.M. for WHALE WATCHING!!!!! There is a limit of 91 people for this whale watching excursion. You will need to call and make your reservations (see information below) a.s.a.p. We have planned a scenic ride through back roads leading to Portland, ME and will arrive with time to do souvenir shopping in OLD PORT (downtown Portland) before the boat departs. We will have other activities for people that are not going on this event.

Ticket price is $40 (16.66% discount).
Call 207-775-0727 to make reservations and pay for tickets.

http://odysseywhalewatch.com/

If questions please send us a PM

GMAN SERGU (Gauthama Thompson)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Amazing! from the towns web-site, beautiful beside the upcoming snow storm!

AGENDA

March 20, 2014, 7:00 p.m.

Rumford Falls Auditorium

1. Meeting Call to Order

2. Pledge of Allegiance to the American Flag

·
Administrator
12,452 Posts
Sounds interesting, I may have to sign up for this one.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Sounds interesting, I may have to sign up for this one.

Sent from my SPH-L710
Nice, when people come to Maine there is reasons why this is such of touristic destination, beautiful coast unique with such an irregular costal pattern, Lobster, WHALES, Moose and beautiful country side. It is an experience looking at land from the sea, gives a different perspective. Not many places you have a chance to see whales in their natural habitat. They come to this plankton enriched waters to feed and allows us to view such as beautiful animal.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
True story,

I was wearing a T-shirt with mother-and-calf whales on it when I entered a Waffle House in Georgia.

WH Cook: "I like your shirt"
Me: "Thank you."

WH Cook: "Me and my wife are really into the 'Save the Whales' thing."
Me: "Great!"

WH Cook: "Yeah, we sent some money in, and adopted a whale off the coast of Pennsylvania."
Me: "Somebody oughta adopt you, Dude...Pennsylvania ain't got no coast...how much money did ya'll send them Yankees?":D

WH Cook (turning back to grill): "Wife sent it in..":)

·
Registered
918 Posts
True story,

I was wearing a T-shirt with mother-and-calf whales on it when I entered a Waffle House in Georgia.

WH Cook: "I like your shirt"
Me: "Thank you."

WH Cook: "Me and my wife are really into the 'Save the Whales' thing."
Me: "Great!"

WH Cook: "Yeah, we sent some money in, and adopted a whale off the coast of Pennsylvania."
Me: "Somebody oughta adopt you, Dude...Pennsylvania ain't got no coast...how much money did ya'll send them Yankees?":D

WH Cook (turning back to grill): "Wife sent it in..":)
Not all whales live in the ocean, hence the land-whale !! ;)

Attachments

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,886 Posts
Their website shows 4 hours. It'll dock by 6:00 pm. Perfect way to spend an afternoon in August. Portland has more restaurants per capita that San Fran. so you can find any type of food at all price/quality levels from food truck to "5 Star" before you get back on the bikes for the return trip to the T & C.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
BTW, Portland, Maine is also home to charter and commercial fishing fleets that target the giant bluefin tuna (300-1000 lb.) during this same time frame. Magnificent fish! (and valuable, too-90% of the catch goes to Japan and is on the Tokyo market the next day-sorry, homies!)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts