Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Sequoia & Kings Canyon from Fla May 2012.
Is Sherman Pass Rd doable on a Road Glide or do you need an off road bike to do it? Also Is there a better way to get there when traveling from east to west?

·
Registered
826 Posts
You may want to check when you get out there closer as it may still be closed. We were there in June '09 and it was closed and early-May '10, closed also. As far as I researched it's doable on a street bike.

You're heading to a great area for riding. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Live on Ridgecrest and go up to Kernville and Kennedy Meadows a lot. Shetland Pass is easy to do on a Glide. Road condition isn't the best the last couple of years, but it is gorgeous. Check with Caltrans to make sure the pass is open. Last couple of years it hadn't opened till mid June but we've had a mild winter so it might be earlier this year.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I'm checking into Yosemite on 28 May (Memorial Day) and am hoping like hell Tioga Pass will be open. If not, the 283 miles ride from our hotel in Tonopah around the southern part of the park and up to the west entrance of YNP is showing ELEVEN HOURS on my Zumo. I've been told that taking Tioga is only about 3 hours to the west side of the park. I sure want it to be open.

As of yesterday, the only road in Yosemite that is listed as closed is... Tioga Pass.

When are you checking in at Sequoia? I'm hoping to day trip down from YNP while we're up there. Maybe our paths will cross.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,
I'm leaving Fla on Mon or Tues 5/7 or 8. Making a few stop along the way and I just might be in the area around your time. Will advise as I get closer.
The riding around there is worth the trip any way you go.
Jim:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts