Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put installed a set of 11" Road 6 Customs Holy Roller bars on my '16 Road Glide Special today and MAN what a difference, but here's the thing...

I'm also running a 14" Klock Werks Sport Flare windshield and the "flare" portion of the windshield prevents me from pushing the bars further forward without hitting the winshield at lock. Has anyone else noticed this? Now I'm kicking myself for buying the KW because I'm 6'2" and I've got LOOOOOONNNGGG arms and would like the bars to go forward another inch or three.

I suppose this is mostly rhetorical but just wanted to get it off my chest and inform others who might be thinking about apes.

OK....I feel better now.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a similar set up. Get a seat that sets you back a couple inches (if you don't already have one).

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Get a seat that sets you back a couple inches
I've done this on 2 different bikes now. It works great for my ape length arms. (6'5")

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've done this on 2 different bikes now. It works great for my ape length arms. (6'5")
What seats have you switched to that moved you back that far Glider?

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What seats have you switched to that moved you back that far Glider
I have had 2 of the Mustang Super Tourer seats now.
'13 RGC, 16" Freedom Shield, 14" LA Choppers, Mustang Super Tourer back 2" down 1".
'16 RGU, 15" Freedom Shield, 16" Carlini apes, heated Mustang Super Tourer back 2". I am very pleased with this set up.
My biggest reason for going with the Mustang seat is it's the widest of the seats that set you back. ie, Lepera DLL, HD Tallboy, etc.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I put installed a set of 11" Road 6 Customs Holy Roller bars on my '16 Road Glide Special today and MAN what a difference, but here's the thing...

I'm also running a 14" Klock Werks Sport Flare windshield and the "flare" portion of the windshield prevents me from pushing the bars further forward without hitting the winshield at lock. Has anyone else noticed this? Now I'm kicking myself for buying the KW because I'm 6'2" and I've got LOOOOOONNNGGG arms and would like the bars to go forward another inch or three.

I suppose this is mostly rhetorical but just wanted to get it off my chest and inform others who might be thinking about apes.

OK....I feel better now.
I have the 12" Kst bars and had the same problem with the klock werks shield. I ditched the klock werks for a windvest and all is good now. I also feel the windvest blocks the wind better too, at least for me and my wife.

I have a 14" windvest I'd let go for $100 plus some shipping. It was only mounted on my bike once and then removed, it is little too tall for me. Currently using a 12" windvest and it's working out great for us. Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Paul yaffe 10" bagger bars and same klock werks shield. Same thing but I adjusted the bars when at full lock so it just liked a bit touching the shield. Bars are still pretty much in line with the fork tubes which I think looks better with lines of bike instead of bars laying back to far or to far forward and not inline with fork tubes. I went back to using the stock seat because now the reach is just right for me. Where as before I was using the mustang summit seat which sets you back 1.75" and gave me more room with stock bars but to stretched with the yaffe bars. I'm 6'0 32" inseam. I did roll the yaffe bars back maybe 1/8" to compensate for the longer reach but that changed the wrist angle enough that I didn't like it. The mustang summit seat and others will definitely move you back if that's what you need.
I have my mustang summit seat for sale in the classifieds.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the 12" Kst bars and had the same problem with the klock werks shield. I ditched the klock werks for a windvest and all is good now. I also feel the windvest blocks the wind better too, at least for me and my wife.

I have a 14" windvest I'd let go for $100 plus some shipping. It was only mounted on my bike once and then removed, it is little too tall for me. Currently using a 12" windvest and it's working out great for us. Good luck with whatever you decide!
Sent you a PM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts