Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i know its common but not quite sure if anyone has a good solution. My shifter arm between the tranny and primary is very loose front to back sliding on the shaft. I replaced the pinch bolt on the arm and it held for like a day. Shifting is perfect no hesitation or anything. Rode about 200miles Thursday and was great. To be honest this has probably been an all summer issue that I just happened to notice now. Anyone tried "the better lever" or have solution or how too. Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would spend the 200 on the better lever and be done with it.
Just my 2 cents!!!! Its your 200 dollars.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's basically a better design. It's 2 piece, 2 bolt stainless steel arm as opposed to HD aluminum. It has two tightening pieces so it's supposed to clamp better. It also can be put on without removing primary. Just have to cut old one off.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm leaning that way but nervous I messed up something with the arm being so lose so long.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I have an 04 that I have had this problem with. Solved it by putting a hardened grade allen bolt, placing a little grease under the head, then cranked it down really tight. No more issues. If this is done right, you will never have another problem. The stock bolt stretches I think and you can't really tighten it down like it needs to be. If you get it as tight as I have, you will never have a spline strip out.

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I had the same issue. Purchased a new lever & new bolt, problem solved. I looked at the better lever, good design but it was way to heavy, IMO.

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
If its rear lever use washer and a hex head bolt and crank the piss out of it. Did this on mine a couple years ago and haven't touched it since.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah ThNks guys. I'm just trying to make end of season at this point.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
It's basically a better design. It's 2 piece, 2 bolt stainless steel arm as opposed to HD aluminum. It has two tightening pieces so it's supposed to clamp better. It also can be put on without removing primary. Just have to cut old one off.
The OEM shift lever on my 2015 RGS, between the primary and the tranny, is made of steel.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
The OEM shift lever on my 2015 RGS, between the primary and the tranny, is made of steel.
The old ones weren't either. Watch the video, Aluminum is not magnetic.

·
Registered
8,832 Posts
My aluminum magnet doesn't stick to any of ours either, but we knew that. Maybe cast billet
Sell your Aluminum magnet to Lexin and buy a real magnet. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts