Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys mounted the front shifter linkage to the inside of the front linkage arm.I did and I like it.It's a straight shot to the back arm versus angled in when mounting on the outside of the front arm.It tucks in closer to the motor also.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
When I replaced my ends , I thought about doing it that way. Does it shift any smoother , or just appearance ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
I agree it looks better but on some bikes, the linkage will contact the fins when mounted on the inside.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had it on the outside first and it would shift ok but it's smoother on the inside because it's more of a straight shot back [no angle] like the stock mounting.You do have to lenghen the shift rod a little so as to move the front arm forward enough to miss the cyl. fins.I did some fiddling with some different hardware and such but now it's golden. better than stock IMO.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Put a Road Glide script linkage from Harley on mine. The ends had heim joints on both ends. The shifting was smoother then. Never considered the swap. I see you have the heim joints on this linkage. It may be they improved the feel more so than relocating.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Put a Road Glide script linkage from Harley on mine. The ends had heim joints on both ends. The shifting was smoother then. Never considered the swap. I see you have the heim joints on this linkage. It may be they improved the feel more so than relocating.
I just put a HD bar & shield logo linkage on my 03 yesterday. I too think it may be the heim joints that makes the shifting smoother. Shifts much smoother than the stock linkage and both front and back are mounted on the outside.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I bought the linkage cover. It looks nice. It rattles sometimes. I still have the stock ball and socket linkage. I wish I had just bought the decent linkage to start with. I am sure I will this fall and then sell the waste of $$ cover which is probably harder to install than the linkage itself. :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts