Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced a shifter shaft sleeve in a cruise drive yet?

Was adjusting the primary chain on my 11 today and noticed there was some shockproof on the shift lever at the trans. That pawl shaft has been loose in the sleeve pretty much since day one.

Looks like a lot of work for a $2 sleeve.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
It's just removing the inner and outer primaries and getting the shift lever out of the way. I never actually replaced one, but I've been close enough to. Like old repair manuals say, simply remove, simply install. Don't use an impact gun on the compensator either. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's just removing the inner and outer primaries and getting the shift lever out of the way. I never actually replaced one, but I've been close enough to. Like old repair manuals say, simply remove, simply install. Don't use an impact gun on the compensator either. Good luck.
According to the book, I'd be pulling the gear set. After looking around a little, I saw that Jims has a new (ish) tool that lets you drive the bushing out with the pawl in place. That'll take some of the chore out of it.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
My bad man, I reread the title. I was thinking seal. Sorry for the confusion. Still good luck to you! Please share your work on it, I'm interested.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts