Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for options after i remove the heel shifter. i saw the plain Kuryakyn one. Are there any other options? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
I use the HD one.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
HD here to , thinketh it was about $15

guy on here when the forum first started had some he CNC'd that fit to the inside where the shifter was to the outside of the shaft , had one of those on the other RG and liked it better because it pushed the shifter out a bit further

JtB

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
HD one here. It's been on for years with no problems.
Removing the heel shifter gave me a lot more room on the floor boards, I never had a problem with the toe shifter wearing a hole in my riding boots.

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
HD one here. It's been on for years with no problems.
Removing the heel shifter gave me a lot more room on the floor boards, I never had a problem with the toe shifter wearing a hole in my riding boots.
+1 and if I remember correctly the HD one was less than $20

·
Registered
757 Posts
Guess I'm the cheap bastard on the forum. I took the rubber off the heel shifter peg, cut the rubber to length and slid it on the splined shaft then put the toe shifter on. Works fine and costs nothing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
cover shift spline

Duraglide, thats a great use of an old rubber peg, creative, i like it. :)

I removed my heel shift the moment that the beast entered the garage, couldn't stand it. I have the HD cover and it works well.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
I think heel shifting is more responsive as well , but I'd rather have more room on the floorboard

JtB

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another cheapster here. I took the shaft out and flipped it so only one set of splines were on the foot side. No extra hanging out and works great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts