Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
your length and bike ride height will decide what you do .your special will have 12" shocks-as you know u loose a little bit of comfort depending on your weight and 2 up.i like the 12" height but not the ride.i used super shox 14" with a 12" ride height-awesome ride.i have used 14"-13"-12" on same bike-SS has a warranty that will exceed most others over time-just my .02--call brian at SS and chat
Thanks for your .02. Very helpful. I ride solo. My wife rides her own so rarely do I ride 2 up. Will check this out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. Have some homework to do. I only ride solo because my wife rides her own so it was good to comments on type of riding, etc. Again. Thanks. Stay safe and keep the shiny side up.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks. Will check them out.
Thought you may like to watch this video from RWD when he and Walker Evans built this trophy truck. It gives an idea of their capabilities. I found a used set of RWD 13" shocks from a wrecked (front end) Road King and bought them, and can't wait to get and install them. I presently am running Bitubo 13" shocks with a 1" lowering kit to keep ride height at 12" and they are really good. When I bought my 2019 RG at the end of 2019 I had the dealer remove the brand new H-D hand adjustable shocks and install my Bitubo set up I had on the SG I traded in. All the RWD shocks have 4" of travel, the 13" length keeps the ride height of the shitty OEM 12" shocks that have only 2" of travel. Some guys on here say the OEM shocks are fine, I weigh about 180 and I think they suck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Great comments and advice. Thanks. I will check out SuperShox. That is a new one to me.
For me, cost mattered, too. I wanted some improvement over stock but I didn’t want to lay out $700. I ended up finding a guy upgrading his Supershox and bought the 13” from him, gently used. They are the middle level SS and they got me what wanted - to stop the bone jarring when I hit pot holes and such. They are noticeably better than stock but I’m sure I could get an even better ride if I wanted to shell out more. I didn’t. I put that money towards the amp and speakers. So yeah, I like my SS for what they are - a good improvement over stock without breaking the bank.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 30 of 30 Posts