Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Does anybody here own a shoei J-Cruise Helmet?

Do you like it?

How is the wind noise level?

Can you here the traffic around, music, an your passenger if riding with one, without the intercom feature.

Also do you wear sun glasses with the helmet on? I know it has a sun visor build in sometimes they are not dark enough.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hello All,

Does anybody here own a shoei J-Cruise Helmet?

Do you like it?

How is the wind noise level?

Can you here the traffic around, music, an your passenger if riding with one, without the intercom feature.

Also do you wear sun glasses with the helmet on? I know it has a sun visor build in sometimes they are not dark enough.

Thanks
Go to Revzilla, you will get the best reviews and a lot of customer reviews as well.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I picked one up last year for my ride to Sharkweek. The pin-lock system worked great in preventing fogging on the chilly mornings. Wind noise is not that bad (i admit was using earbuds :X). Only complaint I have is the locking of the visor sometimes takes 2 hands to flip it up.

I use this one for long road trips and poor weather, otherwise I wear a 1/2 helmet

Revzilla had the best price when I was shopping around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a j-cruise this past Summer 2018. My previous helmet was an HJC IS-33. I have a half helmet and never wear it any longer. For warm weather riding I remove the face shield. I had purchased and returned a Schuberth M1 with src communication unit. Seemed like a decent helmet but could not get the cardo unit to interoperate with Sena units. My friends and I are no slouches technically either. Several of my friends have sena and I have a sena unit I use with my HJC (which is now my wife's helmet - but she rarely rides with me).

J-Cruise was plan B. Purchased it with the Sena 10U device that integrates into the helmet and utilizes a handle bar remote. Works great I love the sena and helmet combo. I was looking at the M1 and J-cruise because I wanted a 3/4 helmet with pinlock capable shield. There were times riding in the rain or cold weather where my hjc would fog up. When I first tried the J-cruise in cold weather I was a bit dismayed as I started my ride, pinlock lens inserted, and started to fog up. Man was I ticked off. Then I realized it wasn't the shield of the J-cruise that was fogged but it was my prescription glasses. It was cold, about 36F, it dawned on me to try opening the top vent on the j-cruise - worked like a champ as my glasses quickly un-unfogged. The vent on top has two settings so I use the half-open setting when it's cold to unfog my glasses.

I bought a Large according to the size chart and it was tight, especially the cheek pads. I thought I'd have to order thinner ones but with each wearing the helmet broke in and I'm staying with the stock sized cheek pads. I can get the helmet on without taking off my prescription glasses but it is much easier to put the helmet on without my glasses, however, putting my glasses on with the helmet on is a breeze. With the HJC I can easily take the helmet on/off without removing my glasses first. The j-cruise is much quieter than the hjc, to the point I keep forgetting to put in my ear plugs.

The other day I rode to work and in the AM it was 27F. Of course the roads were dry. I use an Aerostich triangle to protect my neck and face from the cold but with the j-cruise I can wear it below my chin and my face and head never get cold.

The shield does "lock" into place and you just can't pull it up to open it quickly. I've found, however, that if you gently pull it horizontally and then up you can open it rather easily. Took a couple of rides before this became habit.

Lastly, I am brand/logo averse (they don't pay us to advertise). So I took my plastic pry tools and scrapped off the shoei logos on the front and back and replaced the front one with a black and white distressed American flag decal. I am riding American iron afterall :).

Yes, I recommend the j-cruise. I think the Schuberth M1 would work similarly but the src/cardo system was a deal breaker. Since my Road Glide is vivid black I had to go with a white helmet. My riding friends razz me about my white helmet all the time (they all wear black) but I love white. God Bless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Check out the lower left had corner of the shield where it meets the helmet....there is a little post there that holds the shield in place when fully down. When you need to raise the shield, pull out slightly with your left thumb, then raise the shield.......and yes, the J-cruise is a great helmet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts