Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my Neotec 2 for a few months now and I must say I really, really like this helmet. This is my first modular and I wasn't sure how I would like it, but I am really happy with this purchase.

Any of you guys that wear a full face might want to at least try one out. I am no expert but I will offer my humble observations:

THE GOOD:

Really easy to put on with the flip front folded up, especially if you wear earplugs or earbuds
Helmet liner and cheek pads come in 3 sizes for a perfect fit
The sunscreen works great so I don't wear sunglasses any more
Flipping up the front gives some great relief at long lights when it is hot or when making a quick stop for gas no need to remove your full face helmet
Approved to ride with the front flipped up, which one might do in certain situations
Really well made, comes with pinlock insert
Relatively quiet, especially with the chin curtain in place (but not as quiet as my GT Air was)
I like the quick release chin strap
Works great with my non-integrated Sena bluetooth mike and speakers

THE BAD:

Position of the chin strap is a little close to my neck
Charlie Brown head - it's big so expect that
Airflow could be better, so I usually leave the face shield at the first stop
Price is a little over the top, especially if you want a model with graphics

Overall it is a winner for me, I like the protection of a full face helmet and this is a nice compromise between comfort and safety. I would be interested to know what others think who have tried one out.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have the first gen Neotec and really like it as well. It will soon be time to replace it and am proud to hear you and us a none integrated SENA. I don't like the integrated SENA because it does not have an earbud jack and I was not sure if you could still mount a SENA 20 S EVO. Thanks for the review.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the first gen Neotec and really like it as well. It will soon be time to replace it and am proud to hear you and us a none integrated SENA. I don't like the integrated SENA because it does not have an earbud jack and I was not sure if you could still mount a SENA 20 S EVO. Thanks for the review.
I am happy to do so and I am glad you found it helpful.

FYI I use the Sena 10S with some in ear monitors so the earbud jack was important to me as well. Plus it works well for the wife and I so I can't see upgrading right now. I have not messed with the 20 but it looks like a similar mounting to the 10.

Cheers :smile:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes, you can mount an EVO20S (or any other bluetooth) on the Neotec II. The Sena SRL made for the helmet is hardwired together, so you can't replace speakers or the mic if they go bad. You'll also have to bring the entire helmet to charge the battery and you cannot swap the unit from helmet to helmet if you have more than one lid.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Yes, you can mount an EVO20S (or any other bluetooth) on the Neotec II. The Sena SRL made for the helmet is hardwired together, so you can't replace speakers or the mic if they go bad. You'll also have to bring the entire helmet to charge the battery and you cannot swap the unit from helmet to helmet if you have more than one lid.

Due to the shell design you will have to use an external mount, not enough room between eps and shell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How does that not interfere with the drop down sun shield mechanism?

The lever is close to the bluetooth unit as you see but it moves up and down no problem. I guess the mount does not extend far enough inside to cause any interference.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Love to own one. Maybe someday they will make a 3x

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
57 Posts

You should go try on a 2X....the Neotec II seems to run a little larger than the first version. You can swap the pads out for thinner ones if you so choose. Shoei makes the RF1100 in 3X or you can get an HJC modular in sizes up to 5X.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Brother I wear a medium in a Shoei GT-Air, large wiggled around too much once broke in.

Definitely try on in store, Shoei is worth the money

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Brother I wear a medium in a Shoei GT-Air, large wiggled around too much once broke in.

Definitely try on in store, Shoei is worth the money

You should go try on a 2X....the Neotec II seems to run a little larger than the first version. You can swap the pads out for thinner ones if you so choose. Shoei makes the RF1100 in 3X or you can get an HJC modular in sizes up to 5X.
This is very true. I wore a Medium in the GT Air also. Snug but a good fit. The Neotec 2 was looser for sure and it seemed I was between a small and a medium. So I went with the medium and changed the center liner to the larger size and it fits well. I might have been able to go with the small and then swapped out to the thinner cheek pads and center liner. But I went the other way.

Either way these guys are correct, the sizing is larger but there are options that might make a good fit. Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I also bought the neo2 coming from the 1st gen neo and it there is a noticeable difference. As OP stated, the one con that is taking a little time to get used is the position of the strap and for guys like me that do not have a neck. In the past, all my helmets were XL and with the neo2, I had to go with a large.

·
Registered
408 Posts
This is very true. I wore a Medium in the GT Air also. Snug but a good fit. The Neotec 2 was looser for sure and it seemed I was between a small and a medium. So I went with the medium and changed the center liner to the larger size and it fits well. I might have been able to go with the small and then swapped out to the thinner cheek pads and center liner. But I went the other way.

Either way these guys are correct, the sizing is larger but there are options that might make a good fit. Worth a try anyway.
Believe me, I have. My HJC is the only modular I found that would fit. It is a 4X. My half is a Fulmer and a 4X as well. When I say I have a big head I mean it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Totally my experience too. I need a 3x in anything else for my block of a head, but my Neotec 2 is a 2x (and almost loose at that). Very happy with this helmet.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with everything you said about the Neotec 2 and I just love mine. The ability to flip up the front and drink water while riding is amazing...plus the fit is perfect for my giant head. I typically wear a 3x in a helmet and believe it or not, the 2xl was too big. The XL fits me perfect....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Concur with everyone else on sizing, was medium in the neotec with thicker center pad, small fits on the neotec ii , medium was rocking back and forth way to much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
I agree with your review . Best helmet I’ve owned and have owned many. I did go to thicker cheek pads for best fit. Really happy with the intercom and Bluetooth over my others. The shield staying in up position when desired, most time for me, is great feature

·
Registered
188 Posts
I hate helmets! This is the only helmet that I actually wear and enjoy doing so. I purchased the Sena package for both my wife and I, and we both enjoy being able to now communicate without yelling and being able to listen to different music. The helmet is heavy, but my neck does not bother me like other helmets; even half helmets do. (ruptured disc's in neck) It's expensive, but I think it is well worth it. We found the sizing to be pretty much the same as other helmets....I bit tighter, but in just a few rides, it fits so much better.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts