Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
These scores are so skewed by personal preferences, lol.

Desirability, value, ergonomics, appearance? Give the two bike to two different riders and you get totally different scores.

Nice information though for sure.

·
Registered
498 Posts
It was a good read and video, but when I think of Indian, I think of old school and vintage style. I see the Chieftain stuffing modern style with an old school/vintage which really doesn't do it for me. If I ever purchase an Indian, it would be a Chief Vintage since this is truly how I envision an Indian.

·
Registered
102 Posts
it was a good article that being said I think the Indian is just another version of a ugly victory but to each is own just not for me.

·
Registered
612 Posts
It was a decent article, I agree if they were to get another group doing the comparison we would get a different take on the evaluation.

Personally, I am not a big fan of the looks of this new version of the Indian line of motorcycles. I guess since there was a long period when there were no Indians being made it seems every time a new group revives the brand they try and go back and pick up the styling from when they originally shut down the brand.

To me no one has found a way to age the brand and bring the styling along to what it may have transitioned to if it hadn't died a long time ago.

But there will be buyers for this new version, I just won't be one of them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I'm with Fireball... Old Indians look a hell of a lot better, this new one just isn't for me.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I rode a new Indian Vintage, and it certainly had more grunt stock than my 103 with a Power Vision, Stage one AC with K&N, and Rinhart slip ons.

You can really feel the torque difference.

I agree though that I'd probably buy a vintage over the Chieftan, but I haven't ridden a chieftan yet. Time will tell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts