Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just want everyone to know that you can get a better buy on the XT Rockers from Direct Harley Parts than from buying them direct from J&M , could have saved over $ 100.00.
My mistake, just letting others know so that you don't do the same.

·
Registered
8,642 Posts
You may not be getting the updated Rockers. J&M made some upgrades to the Rocker series since they came out. You may end up with the older Rockers buying from the box stores.
I believe J&M will upgrade them for you if you ask tho.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Eastern Performance Cycles has good numbers also.
Edit; John said here that Eastern was one of J&Ms largest authorized resellers.

John had recommended to me that the new Rokker 500w programmable amp was the one that I wanted, Eastern told me that they had them in stock and would ship that day. I made the mistake of telling them that "was good as I'm on a timeline" , then Eastern calls back the next day and basically talks me into taking (probably) their last non-programmable amp (at no discount) saying that it would be 10 days to 2 weeks before I could get one of the new programmable Rokker 500s. I received the old style amp today and looked on the Eastern website and all they had were the new programmable amps ready to ship...

edit; Since I am having Iron Cross Audio install f/r preamps, rear aux, & switched headphone jack, I thank Eastern Performance for sending me the non-programmable Rokker 500!

I will start a new thread next week (edit; month) and let y'all know how it is with the Rokkers in the fairing, the Rokker XTs in the vented lowers, and the Rokker 500 amp in the fairing of the '09 SERG

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Pay attention to what is offered. Some vendors may be able to sell you the parts but is the warranty honored by J&M? I found my best price from hensley custom painting inc which is a authorized J&M dealer.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exact same equipment, XT Rockers , just a 100.00 cheaper

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
+1 Eastern Performance, I bought my rocker XTs for fairing and tour pak with 500W amp from them and they are the latest stuff from J&M on total package for the RGU saved about $300 with great service. Warranty is still good through J&M you just have to register the stuff through J&M before you install. Also used J&M tech support during install with great customer service and they knew my stuff was bought through Eastern Performance.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lesson learned, thought since they where a recommend Vendor on the sit that i would get the best price, no worries, i do like the speakers:cool:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Dr Vtwin, and Phat Performance also offer some competitive discounts on J&M.
Always shop around before buying.
Hasn't Dr VTwin been out of business for over a year????:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts