Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know a reasonable shop in Tampa area to install some Yaffe bars on my 2017 RG Special. I called one place and they wanted $1600.00 seems a bit steep.

Thanks in advance

L

·
0 Posts
Think about installing them yourself, if they are "14 and under they should be f
ine, I installed the Factory 47 bars myself , no problem and saved a ton of money,

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,934 Posts
Shop in Tampa to install my bars

In Largo there is Wild Bill's motorcycle. I believe he was the service manager at Fletcher's HD before they closed. He opened a small shop after that and I used him to install my bars. I did not want to mess with installing myself, but many do. I believe his number is listed on the web. He is located on 66th street in Largo.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
Does anyone know a reasonable shop in Tampa area to install some Yaffe bars on my 2017 RG Special. I called one place and they wanted $1600.00 seems a bit steep.

Thanks in advance
Questions:

Does $1600 include the bars?

Over 14" may require new lines and wire extensions, what size bars?

Agreed, $1600 sounds kinda heavy

·
Super Moderator
12,349 Posts
That's crazy, I live in Miramar, for that kind of money I would drive over and install them.....
As stated before, if they're 14 or under the install is very easy no extra parts are needed.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I might go by and check out wild bills. It's a shame Fletcher's had to close. Thank moco.
I have used Tampa vtwin on Florida ave to do some tires but that's it. They've been around a while don't really know how up to date they are, but it's just bars. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The $1600 did include the bars, but still feels a little high. I am wanting to go to the Yaffe 12" monkey bars, their website says 10" requires no extension kit but from 12" on requires it. Anyone installed these 12" yaffee bars without extensions?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Did you call Rienhart Motorcycles 813-909-2299, he was Fletcher's Service Manager years ago, he left them about 2 years before they closed. He's on Hwy41 close to Hwy 54 in the North Tampa/ Land o Lakes area

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hey Daytona_Glider I put a set of 12" Bad Seed Cycles bars on my 15RGS as well as the same bars on my buddies 17RGS. The bars are $235 and you can get them powder coated for around $40.
I would be happy to install them with you. I can do it in around 1.5 hrs. Let me know if you're interested. I live here in Tampa. Installing bars on these bikes are a piece of cake, especially if you stay under
14" or shorter bars. PM me if you want to take me up on my offer, then we can take a ride to try them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts