Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Be prepared to order and wait. Took me 6 weeks to get the one for my 19

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want a hard copy, it's going to be spendy. I found a new one on eBay for $230.95 shipped.

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
For a printed copy of the service manual? Can you give a link?
You can walk into your local dealer and have them order it for you.
Or you can order it here for $99 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
You can walk into your local dealer and have them order it for you.
Or you can order it here for $99 plus shipping.
I was leary about saying online order after the BS they are changing. Might not be able to now

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
I was leary about saying online order after the BS they are changing. Might not be able to now
I’ve put stuff in a cart and went all the way with the exception of actually buying stuff. The difference now with Surdykes is the discount is only 10%, no sales tax out of state, and free shipping over $169. So there is still a slight deal to be had depending on what your getting.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,445 Posts
So what about Clymer, or Haynes, or Chiltons for half the cost?
Are these service manuals not as good?
Or is it just the point of paying extra to keep it Harley Davidson??

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Just as reference. Clymer and Haynes have nothing for FLTRU above 2013. And Chiltons is part of Haynes.

So that is not a viable option for some.

·
Administrator
13,339 Posts
I had Clymer's back in the day for several different shovelheads and panheads , I didnt have much of an issue , but I think the factory manual is much more detailed ..

JtB

·
Registered
51 Posts
In my experience as a professional mechanic these manuals are pretty generic on info. Chilton is probably the closest to OEM out these three. I always hated to see the classic line “ take it to a qualified shop”, especially if it was an in depth procedure or diagnostic situation. 🙄 Just my .02

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
1,445 Posts
Yeah now it takes a $4,000 scanner, to diagnose your car or truck, days are long gone when a person could work on there own vehicle. I have a scanner wich I purchased 3 years ago, just under 1,500 dollars. Now that scanner has become obsolete.... and to buy an updated version,of my scanner would now cost 3,700
"LAUNCH" is what I have.....
I would hate to see how much they're getting for a Snap-On scanner these days. The thing with Snap-On that launch does not offer, it's a program called turn key, that allows you to connect to the internet, pertaining more information with a vehicle in hand. I don't know if Snap-on still offers TurnKey or not but that was an awesome set up.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts