Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple of months ago that I would probably have to replace my battery soon. Well after 2 recent experiences where my battery has decided it had to be charged before starting, I decided to order a new battery today. I went with the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 claims to have 540 CCA and 36 AH and weigh 5lbs. Cost $273 including shipping, which I know seems high, but this battery retails for $350, so it's actually a deal, lol. I will post the results once I receive it and have it installed.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Subscribed....is this the lithium battery? What kind of warranty does it have?
Yes it's lithium, comes with a 2 year warranty, but from reports it should last a lot longer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I put the same battery on my fatboy. Been on almost a year now and it works great. Stock starter and battery were'nt up to the task at 12/1 compression. Changed to high torque starter first with stock battery and still didn't turn over like I wanted it to. Put the Shorai on and it spins over faster and even does good with hot starts. Much better than stock IMO.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I posted a couple of months ago that I would probably have to replace my battery soon. Well after 2 recent experiences where my battery has decided it had to be charged before starting, I decided to order a new battery today. I went with the Shorai LFX36L3-BS12 claims to have 540 CCA and 36 AH and weigh 5lbs. Cost $273 including shipping, which I know seems high, but this battery retails for $350, so it's actually a deal, lol. I will post the results once I receive it and have it installed.
Looks like the price of this battery has went up!

How's this battery working out for you? Is it the exact same size as the OEM?

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I should have come back to this thread, that battery is in somebody's recycling bin somewhere in Colorado. ..... I know it had a 2 year warranty, but I didn't have room to haul it back, and wasn't going to waste more time trying to ship it home. Long story short, lithium batteries are super light, have high current, and charge really fast. Downside is they discharge really fast, and are very temperature sensitive also. This is not a battery you will play your stereo for an hour and then start your bike, or have the stator take a dump and expect to ride more than 50 miles. I talked with an authorized representative after I had my problems and he concurred. So I guess what I'm saying is..... unless you just want to spend more money and have a need for a light battery, stick with a normal battery, IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
275 Posts
I should have come back to this thread, that battery is in somebody's recycling bin somewhere in Colorado. ..... I know it had a 2 year warranty, but I didn't have room to haul it back, and wasn't going to waste more time trying to ship it home. Long story short, lithium batteries are super light, have high current, and charge really fast. Downside is they discharge really fast, and are very temperature sensitive also. This is not a battery you will play your stereo for an hour and then start your bike, or have the stator take a dump and expect to ride more than 50 miles. I talked with an authorized representative after I had my problems and he concurred. So I guess what I'm saying is..... unless you just want to spend more money and have a need for a light battery, stick with a normal battery, IMO.

Sent from my SPH-L710

Thanks for the info! What did you end up replacing it with? I'm looking at the odyssey PC925LMJ now but having a hard time determining if it will fit since the terminals are on the side. :)

I have one of the J&M amps that is very sensitive to low power so I'm replacing the battery prematurely.

·
Administrator
12,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was riding with Q-Hog and Hank on the way home from SWIII, (thank goodness), they went and got a $99 battery from AutoZone, that battery is still in there today works fine, BTW I have 4 Hawgwired amps running off that battery, no issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
295 Posts

Sent from my SPH-L710
^^^^^^what dbell said

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 10 of 10 Posts