Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to install a short antenna on my 2015 RGS.
Anybody have any suggestions?
Thanks
IH

·
Registered
7,246 Posts
On my rg (non-Rushmore) I used both the HD shorty antenna and a $5 auto parts store flexible rubber antenna. Both with good success. I don't know how they'd be on the Rushmore bikes though

·
Registered
449 Posts
Is the reception as good with the Walmart antenna? I might pick one of those up. Thanks!
This antenna works well in my area....strong signal area in the "city".....Washington D.C. area.
Give the antenna a try if it doesn't well for you, you can return it and get your money back....Walmarts geat!

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,063 Posts
OOPs, sorry! I saw the title of this thread and thought it was probably about a new penis enhancement pill.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go with the inner fairing complete eliminator. Great reception, retains weather bands and not too pricy.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Go with the inner fairing complete eliminator. Great reception, retains weather bands and not too pricy.
I am glad you are experiencing great reception with an inner fairing antennae. Too bad that is not the norm. I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper to come like that from HD but too many would complain about the poor reception. I have tried the inner fairing, the hidden under the seat mod, and the only way to get reception of my favorite stations is the stock antennae and location?

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am glad you are experiencing great reception with an inner fairing antennae. Too bad that is not the norm. I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper to come like that from HD but too many would complain about the poor reception. I have tried the inner fairing, the hidden under the seat mod, and the only way to get reception of my favorite stations is the stock antennae and location?
Yeah I agree with this. I put the inner fairing one in my 09 and reception was absolutely horrible no matter where I went. For the cost it was really a bad decision IMO. I may try the walmart shorty on my 16 but if that's bad I will just learn to live with the long stock antenna.

Reactions: ondaslab

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got this one on amazon to try mainly for looks but turns out reception is pretty damn good. Called .50 cal antenna or something like that to find it

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Never hear good thing about inner fairing ant. I have HD shorty which works well with one exception. The weather channel do not come in. Kind of a waste anyway since cell phones are more accurate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Im going to have to get one of these my son keeps hitting the big ass antennae when he gets off the bike.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts