Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike is a 2010 FLTRX.

I have no problem putting the kickstand down. But my short legs cant reach it to pull it back up. I gotta really stretch around the floor board to get it. I don't feel comfortable doing acrobats on an 800 pound bike!

Has anyone else dealt with this? Does Harley offer a fix for us 5'10 short legged crowd?

I did a search and the brand name Jiffy kept coming up, but I couldn't find a pic, I don't really understand what it is?

Inexpensive is best.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
There are plenty of cheap "extensions" for the kickstand. probably around 40 bucks.
and jiffy stand is just what harley calls the kickstand.

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
I'm sorry, but I'm still trying to picture 5'10" having problems reaching the jiffy stand. I'm 5'8", I guess my legs are longer. What about the seat height, is it ok? If not, montubes, a different seat, and shocks will be on your list soon.

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
In my younger years I woulda duct taped a bent spoon to the sidestand
That reminds me of a friend I know, he can use duct tape to fix almost anything, I once saw him use duct tape to fix a flat tire on a bicycle, lol.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I admire you for not settling with something smaller than a glide despite your leg reach!

Reactions: YO BRO

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha funny.

Yeah I am not well proportioned. My torso is normal length, but my legs are just stupid short. I can reach the ground ok, but I cant reach forward enough to pick the stand back up.

Duct tape is out. I'm cheap, but not that cheap haha.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That stand extension looks like a good idea, however it does not look like it will come back towards me any further when its down?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I also do not understand how it would bolt to the existing stand? Drill?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I bought a windshield off of a forum member in Columbus, OH who had a leg brace on his left leg. He had an extension in the Jiffy Stand, and that was his only accommodation for his disability.

It all depends on the length of your legs. After all, they only have to be long enough to reach the ground.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Haha funny.

Yeah I am not well proportioned. My torso is normal length, but my legs are just stupid short. I can reach the ground ok, but I cant reach forward enough to pick the stand back up.

Duct tape is out. I'm cheap, but not that cheap haha.
im 5'6 with a 23 X 18 setup, tippy toe and still have no problem reaching the kickstand. you would think after all those years of being short you would have figured out how to get things done. lol

plant with your right foot and get it up with your left G.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
im 5'6 with a 23 X 18 setup, tippy toe and still have no problem reaching the kickstand. you would think after all those years of being short you would have figured out how to get things done. lol

plant with your right foot and get it up with your left G.
I am not flexible. haha.

I just ordered the stand extension! Thanks guys.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Look into the DIY Monroe air ride. When you park and take off you can lower then adjust on the go. Plus it just looks cool and functions well. Cheap project with lots of details in the suspension thread.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I also had that problem. The kickstand extender plus pealing back the leather seat and cutting the sides of the seat cushion making, the seat narrower did the trick for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts