Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright,

As of 5:30 today I have four glorious days to ride where ever I can get to (soundly with wife in tow).... Problem is Tropical Storm Bill is really harshing my mellow. I can leave Indiana and get to somewhere that will not be rain covered all weekend. So far, I have thought about hitting Charleston, South Carolina as the weather doesn't appear to be that bad that's about a 12 hour ride for me.

Does anyone have any good suggestions near a nice lake/water good food, good people, good times that its not going to pour down rain all weekend? I'm afraid of this weekend being a wash out. Wanted to hammer down some miles and enjoy a good long weekend.

If this post sounds like I have no imagination its because I am tired of looking at the radar with disappointment.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Alright,

As of 5:30 today I have four glorious days to ride where ever I can get to (soundly with wife in tow).... Problem is Tropical Storm Bill is really harshing my mellow. I can leave Indiana and get to somewhere that will not be rain covered all weekend. So far, I have thought about hitting Charleston, South Carolina as the weather doesn't appear to be that bad that's about a 12 hour ride for me.

Does anyone have any good suggestions near a nice lake/water good food, good people, good times that its not going to pour down rain all weekend? I'm afraid of this weekend being a wash out. Wanted to hammer down some miles and enjoy a good long weekend.

If this post sounds like I have no imagination its because I am tired of looking at the radar with disappointment.
Not looking good from the weather report I just saw. What part of Indy do you live in?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southside. Just want to get away with the wife for a few days

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Alright,

Charleston is a great place! I am somewhat biased, as I grew up there, it has all the things you are looking for, water, good food, great people.
Charleston is in the midst of a heatwave with temps approaching 100*

What about the mountains of NC, we like Maggie Valley area?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention... Want to hit a state without helmet laws :)

We Hoosiers leave it up to the individual to decide after you earn your endorsement at the legal age.

.... Sits back to watch this debate unfold... lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts