Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am still a newbie, just getting my 2016 RGU about a month ago. I live in Minnesota, so unfortunately, had to put it into hibernation. So, I had a 2005 Heritage. I am looking at highway pegs, which I had on my Heritage. I made the mistake of having standard on the Heritage, and really had to stretch out my legs, and really ended up not using it much. I was on the Harley site, looking at the short vs. long angled adjustable highway pegs. I am only 5'8", about 30" inseam. Any thoughts on which one I should go with. I am sure there are other vendors out there also that I could be looking at. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I am 6' and I have the short on mine, I can stretch out with feet on the pegs, or rest my heels on the boards and the toes on the highway pegs. The long just seem to sit back to far. Those are the short ones in my signature pic.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm a towering 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I have the Kuryakyn long mounts that are designed to be used with fairing lowers. They work well for me.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Get the adjustable mounts for the highway pegs and you won't have a problem.
I got my adjustable mounts from HD but I think there are other aftermarket suppliers that have them.

Reactions: treeguy

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Hey everyone, I am still a newbie, just getting my 2016 RGU about a month ago. I live in Minnesota, so unfortunately, had to put it into hibernation. So, I had a 2005 Heritage. I am looking at highway pegs, which I had on my Heritage. I made the mistake of having standard on the Heritage, and really had to stretch out my legs, and really ended up not using it much. I was on the Harley site, looking at the short vs. long angled adjustable highway pegs. I am only 5'8", about 30" inseam. Any thoughts on which one I should go with. I am sure there are other vendors out there also that I could be looking at. Thanks.
Long Angled Adjustable Highway Peg Mount Kit | Footpegs & Mounts | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

These ones will work perfectly with your inseam. They also work with lower fairings on. They come in black or chrome.

Reactions: treeguy

·
Registered
4,398 Posts
I had the Kuryakyn Highway pegs on my Previous bike. They were a little too far away where my legs were straight when using them.

I like the look of the Harley mounts better than the Kuryakyn. Has anyone used the Harley mounts with the Kuryakyn pegs? I don't want to have to buy all new parts if I can avoid it.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'm 6' 32" inseam. I bought the Kuryakyn long mounts figuring that I could adjust them to fit. No way. I sold them and bought short mounts.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I bought mine and it came with short angled. I did not like them at all, I found some used long angled and did not like them either and sold both sets. I ended up getting Kuryakyn mini-boards, similar to the ones I had on my Road King Classic. I mounted them about the same way, they are about perfect for me, but because of the lower fairings I can't quite get them adjusted in for my 6' frame. I would say find something that looks good that you'll reach and get those, Harley's are over priced.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm in a different boat... First off TreeMan, I'm from MN too.. Hope to ride with you sometime soon!

I'm 6'6 with a 34" inseam... I have a couple of different versions; however my fav is a mid-length turned AWAY from me.. Yeah, you saw the inseam!

Anyway, I think everyone on here has something that works.. (Mostly) and it's mostly in your court as to what you prefer.. I do suggest looking at Kuryakyn however! Harley is just $$$$$

-G

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm the same size as you, had shorts on my '12 and they worked great. Haven't put them on the '16 yet.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm in a different boat... First off TreeMan, I'm from MN too.. Hope to ride with you sometime soon!

I'm 6'6 with a 34" inseam... I have a couple of different versions; however my fav is a mid-length turned AWAY from me.. Yeah, you saw the inseam!

Anyway, I think everyone on here has something that works.. (Mostly) and it's mostly in your court as to what you prefer.. I do suggest looking at Kuryakyn however! Harley is just $$$$$

-G
6'8" with 34" inseam here and I went with the short-angle ones. I'm currently running them with them turned in towards me. However, I've also tried them with them away from me and it just lets me get my legs straighter. They're fairly easy to adjust, especially if you have a buddy to help you find the sweet spot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts