Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a short ride today to see our National bird in his Texas home; was a beautiful day. Started out about 9:00am this morning, the wind was cool and the sun was bright; wildflowers were starting to bloom along the highway. About an 1.5hrs into the ride we came upon the nest (could see it long before the birds,) pulled over and watched them for a while. There were two baby eagles that had just started flying from the nest to some of the neighboring trees. At one point the adult female flew off, and brought back some fish for the young eagles. Was quite a site.:) Then it was off to have some lunch. was a great day: good friends and a majestic site with the eagles. Will add some pic's later.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Good trip strangeglass. We get to see eagles here too but they are few and far between.
It's been a long time since I've been to the Lone Star State. Thanks for sharing.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Nice pics and glad to here you were able to get out and enjoy the nice weather. I had plans to myself but was feeling kinda puny all day so decided against it.

Looks like someone had lunch at Coopers :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good trip strangeglass. We get to see eagles here too but they are few and far between.
It's been a long time since I've been to the Lone Star State. Thanks for sharing.
Was a first to see them in the wild:):) If your ever in the Austin area give me a shout...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I've been thinking about making a little road trip myself to the Hill Country and ride the three sisters. If I decide to do it I may be hitting you guys up for some advice :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice pics and glad to here you were able to get out and enjoy the nice weather. I had plans to myself but was feeling kinda puny all day so decided against it.

Looks like someone had lunch at Coopers :D
Sometimes a day of rest does the body good...
MMMMMM yes was coopers soo good, and they had Pecan Cobbler that was
to die for.:D

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been thinking about making a little road trip myself to the Hill Country and ride the three sisters. If I decide to do it I may be hitting you guys up for some advice :D
I have not done the sisters yet(Sisters are the best):D:D but is on the list to do.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Dude, we gotta hook up. Before scrolling down and seeing the pics I knew you'd been on 29 and then to Cooper's LMAO. I made the same run last weekend but in reverse, rode from Austin on Fitzhugh to 281 to 1323 then up 16 to 71/ 29. Did Cooper's and like you, my eyes were bigger than my stomach.

Ever been to Snow's in Lexington? Only open on Saturdays, 0800 til they run out- which is usually by noon. They are Texas Monthly's reigning "Best in Texas" BBQ and I agree. I rode there Saturday and stocked up for the week.

Yesterday I repeated last week's ride but included the Willow City Loop off of 1323. Flowers are beginning to bud but it'll be another couple weeks before they get insanely abundant. Having stocked up on Q the day before, I went to Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls on the way home and picked up a banana cream pie. 'Twas a good day!

When you're ready to ride the sisters, let me know. If you can handle a 450 mile day we can be home before dark. I'm sending my seat to MCC for a restuff on Friday and may not have it back in time for St Patty's weekend- but if you're up for the 24th lemme know!

·
Registered
151 Posts
You guys are killing me! Cooper's, Willow City Loop, Bluebonnet Cafe, the Sisters....I really miss living in the Hill Country. Florida riding is horrible in comparison. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts