Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used the National Cycle 6.25" wave shield? Saw one brand new on ebay for $99. Just looking for a short looks shield for around town and short rides, I have a 14" Windvest I use for long trips. My stock shield was getting cracks around the mounting holes so I'm looking for something a little different but still short.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the short one from Kockwerks and love it
Is that the 8"? I have a brand new 10" Windvest I had traded another shield for but I get way to much buffeting from it. I'm 6'4" and want something short enough that I don't get turbulence around my head. With the stock shield I just got clean air in the face. That's what I'm looking for with something that just looks a little different than the stock shield.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a short blacked out windshield that came on my bike when I bought it. I took it off to put a taller shield on for more wind protection. It has no name or numbers on it but it does have a "flair" design similar to a KW windshield. If you want I can get some pictures when I get home if you would be interested. Its just laying around doing nothing for me and I would let it go cheap.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Yes it is the 8". I like it and I think most of the buffering is coming from down under. I say that cause once I put my lowers on, I eliminated most of the buffeting even with that short shield. I also use the GADS which help as well.

I am happy with my setup and have had a few taller shield but never liked the looks, so they always came off.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a short blacked out windshield that came on my bike when I bought it. I took it off to put a taller shield on for more wind protection. It has no name or numbers on it but it does have a "flair" design similar to a KW windshield. If you want I can get some pictures when I get home if you would be interested. Its just laying around doing nothing for me and I would let it go cheap.
Yeah if you don't mind sending or posting a couple pics I'd like to see it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts