Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this question is all about personal preference but what would you guys consider the best short / sporty windshield for the 15+ bikes ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the 9'' Klockwerks on my 17' and like it a lot. I tried the 6'' superlow from Klockwerks but wasn't happy with it. Like you said, it's personal preference.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First off nice bike ! Secondly thanks for the pics, Third is that the 9'' in the second pic ? I had a Klockwerks on my SGS i just traded in so they were deff on my list of possibilities. This also isn't my first glide had a 13 RGC and i know the wind is a little different on these, if you don't mind me asking how tall are you and where do you feel like he wind hits you with the 9'' and do you ride with or without a helmet ?

Thanks

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am a big fan of the National Cycle short shield. It moves the air up and over nicely and it actually is quieter behind it than the stock windshield...don't ask me why, but it is.

BG

·
Registered
105 Posts
First off nice bike ! Secondly thanks for the pics, Third is that the 9'' in the second pic ? I had a Klockwerks on my SGS i just traded in so they were deff on my list of possibilities. This also isn't my first glide had a 13 RGC and i know the wind is a little different on these, if you don't mind me asking how tall are you and where do you feel like he wind hits you with the 9'' and do you ride with or without a helmet ?

Thanks
Thanks for the kind words. The first pic is the 9". I can dig up a better pic of either shield if you'd like. I am 5'9" and I'd say the wind protection is a little better than the stock windshield. It was as much about the look as it was about function for me. That being said, the radio sounds better and I would say the wind hits me at about the top of my helmet (brain bucket). IMO, it's the best of both form and function

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the kind words. The first pic is the 9". I can dig up a better pic of either shield if you'd like. I am 5'9" and I'd say the wind protection is a little better than the stock windshield. It was as much about the look as it was about function for me. That being said, the radio sounds better and I would say the wind hits me at about the top of my helmet (brain bucket). IMO, it's the best of both form and function

Yea let me see some more pics of the 9'' if you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I personally ride behind windvest blacked out 8 in screen. Love the look and function.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
The shorter the windshield the less function, short windshields look cool but they don't protect. You want to see a couple inches over the top of the windshield, you can get windshields that look good and still be functional.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Here you go. Let me know if you need to see a different angle.
I have the 14” Klock Werks Sportsflair sitting in my garage

Loved the shield in every way but it didn’t work with having 16” apes

Now that 7” not only looks killer but looks to me like this shield would work with my 16” apes during the warmer months

Anybody wants to swap a 7” Klock Werks for my 14” Klock Werks Sportsflair just pm me

That 9” looks great on your bike

Swomack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts