Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know a good brand shorty "DOT" helmet that doesn't make you look like a mushroom head?

·
Registered
7,551 Posts

I use an Akoury DOT approved Beanie style half helmet and it is very small and extremely comfortable.
No mushroom head with this one.
Been wearing it for a few years now time to invest in a new one.
I also have two Bell helmets that are very comfortable too. One is a Full Face for colder weather the other is s 3/4 type with a Sena Communications. The every day is my Akoury.
Mike U.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,038 Posts
I use an Akoury DOT approved Beanie style half helmet and it is very small and extremely comfortable.
I also have two Bell helmets that are very comfortable too. One is a Full Face for colder weather the other is s 3/4 type with a Sena Communications. The every day is my Akoury.
Mike U.

Like Mike said, AK 88. Smallest DOT helmet you can find.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I've been a fan of HCI for awhile now. Fit is good and they're reasonably priced.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Mike U.

I have had one of these for a couple of years, pretty good.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I found this Vega helmet in a shop in Tennessee. Smallest I would dare go because Tennessee doesn't allow novelty helmets and if they don't think it is DOT even though there is the sticker they will write the ticket. You can buy DOT stickers to put on helmets and some folks try and get away with that.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
i wear a helmet for protection, don't really care what it looks like, not a fashonista, i don't have matchin leathers, been wearing a half helmet for years, just ordered a modular for some long rides i have scheduled, no helmet law in my state i will still wear my half around town and short day rides. not worried about looks. but then again my fat ass head makes any half helmet look like a beanie.

Attachments

Reactions: Swomack

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
i wear a helmet for protection, don't really care what it looks like, not a fashonista, i don't have matchin leathers, been wearing a half helmet for years, just ordered a modular for some long rides i have scheduled, no helmet law in my state i will still wear my half around town and short day rides. not worried about looks. but then again my fat ass head makes any half helmet look like a beanie.
Love the mohawk snarley!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have both a Daytona and Akoury 88. Both quality helmets and would wear either. BUT, the Akoury is definitely the smaller of the two with no mushroom.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
I've been a fan of HCI for awhile now. Fit is good and they're reasonably priced.

Lil Chief
Same with me.

I have three HCI polo helmets that are DOT approved and they are the best things going IMO.

Not bulky like most polo helmets and they are made very well.

I have gloss black, matte black & carbon fiber.

https://xtremehelmets.com/hci-105-polo-style-half-helmet-carbon-fiber/?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=436440670265&gclid=CjwKCAjw1f_pBRAEEiwApp0JKAqvXnkGVMCwMLo8p9cSowLBXtyVdcFwexKDgMUtMYmJSRFAvNjy1hoCQfQQAvD_BwE

Swomack

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have the Akoury. I bought it for a trip to Nevada. Did not wear helmets due to them causing migraine headaches. No issues with the Akoury. I now wear the helmet every time I ride. Second year.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I’ve been wearing the Akoury helmet for the past 5 years now, don’t even know it’s on the majority of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts