Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the Shotgun Bagger Shocks on ~2 weeks now and am very pleased with them and their performance. Fortunate to live within a few hours of JD and his shop, was able to have the install completed there. He has redesigned the system in which the compressor is mounted directly to the back of the right side shock. Should there be any required access to the compressor, whalla, there it is without having to get under the bike, etc, etc. Air lines run into a "Y" connection, then to the compressor; wire harness to the battery and mounting plate with switches, and you are done.
System raises and fills quickly (~10 seconds, little more for desired firmness), then set the ride height/rebound and off you go. My '13 FLTRX (while on sidestand) sits at 6.25" lowered and raised is at 10.25", that allows for quite the adjustments when needed. I do freeway riding to work (softer ride); on way home, I can choose a number of alternate routes that allow for more fun with twisting curves (adjust to firmer ride) and less traffic; all adjustments done with a simple flip of the switches.
System is rock solid, as also as most know, customer service from JD and his crew is above and beyond.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hadn't given any thought to it, I'm dialed in with the system and rides great. Besides, how would I be able to tell when it isn't 78 degrees here in SoCal?:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have his older style (got it a few months ago) and yours looks like it sits lower aired up than mine...does he have different length options now?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not sure of any different lengths offered; changed the design of the body I believe to allow a little more space between bags/shocks, mounting compressor on body and to allow pass backrest to install (think last design didn't allow pass backrest).

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
If you guys need Shotgun Shocks, let me know. I have been working with JD for many years. I am sure he has a MAP price but I will be purchasing a quantity of his shocks when the time is right.

I got a set of the original bagger shocks and like them a lot. Had them on my softail and sold hundreds of sets as well. This is a great company to do business with as if an issue should ever arise it will taken care of no questions asked.

I have not talked him in a few months but it seems the new design includes the compressor attached to the shock body. I have the version with the compressor mounted off the exhaust crossover bracket. This new design is better.

Drew

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Drew, you're right, size of shock body and compressor location seemed to have become a design concern. New design (compressor mounted to shock body) is as easy as pie. JD continues to be a great guy (business/company) to deal with (having also had the softail system on previous bike); his customer service continues to be top notch!

Dan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts