Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Always wanted a Harley since I saw my neighbors kick starting their old bikes. Then saw the AMF sportster cafe model and thought cool! Never even went to the Harley dealer in '86 when I bought my first cruiser. I guess I figured I couldn't afford them. I sure did love that '85 Honda Shadow 700 though, and in my mind I was riding a Harley. It cost a whopping $2400 brand new.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When I first decided to buy a motorcycle in the early 60s choices were very limited, especially in the preowned catagory. There were lots of old Harleys around, some beat up Indians, a few English bikes, I only saw Hondas and the like in magazines. So it was easy to land on HD, and they were kind of fast and very loud, whats not to like? As time goes on I tried Jap bikes, they were ok, reliable, but somewhere between lite beer and kissing your sister. Now on this cold morning there is a Harley Davidson in the garage and later today when it gets up to 40° or so I'm gonna put on my Jacket and gloves and go for a ride, And for a little while everything will be right with the world.
But you already know that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
492 Posts
bwahahaha... tow challenge accepted. of course, after you do this, they'll deny coverage on your clutch
Just make sure you tell them it was a Harley truck that you were towing. ;)

As time goes on I tried Jap bikes, they were ok, reliable, but somewhere between lite beer and kissing your sister.
That made me laugh. Thanks. Enjoy your ride today.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From what I’ve read Indian is having a real big problem keeping the Challenger on the road.
Lots of unhappy campers

·
Registered
226 Posts
I’ve had several Polaris sleds and loved every one, but after watching the BS a friend went through with his Victory, I couldn’t own one of their motorcycles. The level of ineptitude by 2 dealers on getting repairs handled and parts delivered was Shakespearean. Whether it was comedy or tragedy, it was on a grand scale with that POS.

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
Grew up with Harley. Bought a KZ650 when I was 16. Rode that a summer. 1984 I was 17. Bought a brand new 1984 Low Rider. Fuck polaris. They should have kept Victory. That's me on the back. Around 1970ish

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts