Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 Wicked Red RGS, 31K on the odo + $8900 OTD price...

trade for a new 2020 RGS, Black, RDRS option.

What do U guys think? Yea or nay?

·
Registered
2019 RGS, Fullsac exhaust, S&S stealth AC, TTS tuner.
1,310 Posts
Doesn't look like a bad deal.
You put a decent amount of miles on your bike so you get to restart at zero.
The RDRS is $1000 option that you can not get on your bike.
Upgrading to the newer GTS unit is worth something.
And upgrading to the 114 is also worth something.
You have to decide whether or not those upgrades are worth $8900.00
You also may want to factor in any mods you have done that you can not take with you. Exhaust, bars, tuner, ext.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doesn't look like a bad deal.
You put a decent amount of miles on your bike so you get to restart at zero.
The RDRS is $1000 option that you can not get on your bike.
Upgrading to the newer GTS unit is worth something.
And upgrading to the 114 is also worth something.
You have to decide whether or not those upgrades are worth $8900.00
You also may want to factor in any mods you have done that you can not take with you. Exhaust, bars, tuner, ext.
Lol... You sound like me talking to myself at the dealer today...

·
Registered
341 Posts
With the information provided that sounds like a great deal...........go pick it up......lol

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
you will never get that price again, so there is that.

you could also talk to the dealer about swapping tins over, so you would have a 2020 with wicked red as opposed to black, and they would have a 2018 with brand new paint to sell. that is if your tins are still in good shape, and you really like the color vs black.

·
Registered
433 Posts
What's so much much better that it's worth $8900 for the 2020? I do like my GTS, but you can buy that for a lot less than $8900. RDRS to me is pointless, and useless, until I have a bike with it on it. Just my take, keep what is already paid for and make it how you want it. Starting over is...well starting over.

Trade in's, are so taht the dealer can profit on both ends of the deal which to me is jsut putting extra money in their pocket for no reason. With lots of lightly used bikes out there, you can saved many thousands if you hunt around. Just my .02. I've never bought a Harley from the dealer and ahve 6 in my garage. If I had bought from a dealer I might have 2...maybe 3.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you will never get that price again, so there is that.

you could also talk to the dealer about swapping tins over, so you would have a 2020 with wicked red as opposed to black, and they would have a 2018 with brand new paint to sell. that is if your tins are still in good shape, and you really like the color vs black.
Thought about that... but I think if I get a new bike I want the new tins. I'm not married to the Wicked Red, and there are some small chips and whatnot from the last 3 years...

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
I like spending other people’s money. Go make the trade so we can start modding lol. Seriously, I’m on a 2020 and love the 114 platform, RDRS, GTS along with some of the other changes. Mine was a 2012 so the upgrade was way more significant.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon as the point was made that it's not my money. Eff fit. Do it! Get yourwelf a 2020 so we can help you spend money on lots of mods. I'm pretty good at that although I don't really respond as much nowadays.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I'm jumping on the bandwagon as the point was made that it's not my money. Eff fit. Do it! Get yourwelf a 2020 so we can help you spend money on lots of mods. I'm pretty good at that although I don't really respond as much nowadays.
I like spending other people’s money. Go make the trade so we can start modding lol. Seriously, I’m on a 2020 and love the 114 platform, RDRS, GTS along with some of the other changes. Mine was a 2012 so the upgrade was way more significant.
:LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That actually sounds like a pretty good deal to me too. Not sure how many miles you usually put on a bike before trading - but a new bike and a 30k mile reset sounds pretty decent to me. And I think he RDRS might be a good upgrade.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
...... plus the warranty reset

·
Registered
304 Posts
My 2018 Wicked Red RGS, 31K on the odo + $8900 OTD price...

trade for a new 2020 RGS, Black, RDRS option.

What do U guys think? Yea or nay?
Hard no.

I never encourage anyone to buy anything new from any dealership, let alone let them wrench on your bike. You buy a starter kit and the second you ride it off the lot it’s lost a significant amount of it’s value. They scare people into buying “Screaming Beagle” mods in order to keep your warranty. It’s all a scam. If HD believed in their products they wouldn’t coerce and fear people into buying SE “upgrades” to keep a warranty. Not to mention just about every aftermarket company out there making HD parts makes better components by leaps and bounds. They should just stand behind their product. Pull their bikes apart and see what you’re getting for your buck. You can throw the suspensions in the garbage. Open up your motor and you’ll see the cost cutting measures they’ve taken. Plastic tappet cuffs? Joke. That’s just to start. Axe me how I know.

There’s nothing wrong with your current bike. I’m not sure what you have invested in it above the initial acquisition cost, but I’d stick with your current sled.

I’m sure I hurt some feelings but that wasn’t my intent. You asked for opinions and that’s mine. Good luck bro!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts