Road Glide banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
My 2020 is a standard RG with GTS and RDRS. It is river rock denim, and I did not want the gloss inner fairing paint. I also like the short stroke motor and made a good buy. The RDRS is what made me buy new instead of a low mile used one. I have gotten it to kick in, and it works as advertised. I would make the trade on that point alone. (Your results may vary).

·
Registered
56 Posts
I won't make this thread about RDRS but on my purchase, I didn't realize until late in negotiating that when they located mine several states away, it would have RDRS. We already had negotiated price based on model and color, so it was kind of a bonus to find that out. I know how to ride, and management of brake/throttle but I'm very happy that I got one with RDRS. As we get older, our reflexes, may not be what they once were so that alone could be incentive to keep you riding if you should come upon a unknown (slick spot in road, etc)> Good Luck

·
Registered
271 Posts
My 2018 Wicked Red RGS, 31K on the odo + $8900 OTD price...

trade for a new 2020 RGS, Black, RDRS option.

What do U guys think? Yea or nay?
I would vote Nay.These dealers are not our friends as one like me found out last summer as I started shopping. Went to all my guys I bought prior vehicles from I had a 2010 FLTRX I was looking to trade 3 said 10k for trade 2 were under 8000.First I want to say this was a pro built, pro street glide but I needed to trade to buy new.Went back to one who said 10,000 trade 3 months prior. His new price 8,500 and you should be lucky.What were they offering for the new 2020 RGS that they did not have ? "0"
Went to a dealer I have never spent a dime at with little bickering over two days and the GM getting involved. Got 12k for my trade on a tax basis thats like 13K plus. 42k on the OD with 17k on a really great 107 build.Then 20% off on add ons for the new Zephyer Blue/black RGS.Great bike for this 63 year old.Take your time ! you will be rewarded do not worry about walking away they will call back as I conclude I just got a txt from the one that went from 10k to 8500 where have I been ?... Goofs good luck

·
Registered
188 Posts
I would wait and keep shopping. The dealer always wins when the buyer is in 'I need this now' mode. You have a great bike to ride now so you're in control...what's the hurry? Maybe give it a few months when the '21s start showing up in showrooms and see if you can find a 'leftover' 2020 someone is looking to dump. I bet you can do a lot better.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Traded my 2017 on a 2020 RG Limited 21 of NOV. The 2017 was a bit rough around the edges it was time. This method of negotiations is not recommended. I do like the 2020.
The VHC and RDRS will be fun to play with. having a 2020 will give me time to see where HD goes. they are making more ECM/BCM chnages making it harder to do much with them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Traded my 2017 on a 2020 RG Limited 21 of NOV. The 2017 was a bit rough around the edges it was time. This method of negotiations is not recommended. I do like the 2020.
The VHC and RDRS will be fun to play with. having a 2020 will give me time to see where HD goes. they are making more ECM/BCM chnages making it harder to do much with them
View attachment 422351
Some interesting mods you did, bike has a very rustic look to it

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
My 2018 Wicked Red RGS, 31K on the odo + $8900 OTD price...

trade for a new 2020 RGS, Black, RDRS option.

What do U guys think? Yea or nay?
Any decision or pics yet???

Reactions: DanHappy and V-man

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
It seems that many here are fans of RDRS. I must admit that I was not giving it much thought one way or the other before reading many of the posts on this thread. Now I am really leaning toward it being a "must have" on a new (or newer than mine) scoot considered for potential purchase.
Thank You guys for the insight!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
It seems that many here are fans of RDRS. I must admit that I was not giving it much thought one way or the other before reading many of the posts on this thread. Now I am really leaning toward it being a "must have" on a new (or newer than mine) scoot considered for potential purchase.
Thank You guys for the insight!
Another point to RDRS is add value down the road. The RDRS also has the VHC together they should ad value at resale or trade time compared to one without. We saw this with ABS.
With the 2021 they have made it standard .

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Good point. TPMS too.
We often see resistance to new things like ABS. In reality there are far more that embraced it than turned away. Front wheel drive cars, the list goes on and on. RDRS is not new. In fact HD's might be considered a bit behind the times. Mostly it will be in demand and with Harley making in pretty much standard equipment in 2021 A bike with out it will need a discount to sell.
I do like the TPMS on the bike and my cars.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
V-man, go to www.seedealercost.com
I did, then subtracted the dealer invoice from MSRP, then divide by 2 to find the middle of the profit margin
Then add that to the invoice, then you have a fair price for the 2020
That helps in your dealing with dealers, it's probably not exact, because we don't know of kickbacks from HD
Know what you need for your trade, then you have a target price OTD

Now get yourself a new toy, YOU DESERVE IT!
btw...I like the RDRS too:LOL:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts