Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday's ride was one of discovering were my GF ancestry is from.
Here are a few pics of her Grandfathers roots and his final resting area.

1st picture of the map of regions where he's from:

1st Stop - Where he grew up- Town of Chesterville used to be known as St-Paul de Chester.

He was originally from the USA lived in Maine and crossed over to Canada because of hard times there and was a Master Carpenter who specialized in building Churches.
Next picture is the local church of his home town where he was honoured by his Parish - But he did not build this church.

Only plaque on the found on the front of the Church honoring his contributions to the Parish.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pics

View from inside the Church looking out:

His final resting Grounds:

The best view of the lot ;)

Final toast

I should have taken a pic of the local bar in Chesterville - It was so small, it did not have good footing for the bikes so we road out to the next local city of Victoriaville about 20 minutes away to toast the family and its history.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hhmm was in the Navy with a guy named Ouellette
I'm a big genealogy fanatic
JtB
That's pretty cool I wonder if they are related somehow or have connection from Maine?
I'm becoming more and more a genealogy fan also has everyone from both my mom and dad side of my family are all gone..just got 3 left on my father's side that includes my father who is 86 and his 2 surviving sisters.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Carol and I will be riding back to Kansas the middle of June for a family reunion. After the reunion she flys back to Las Vegas and work. I'm goin out to Colorado for a few days then head home. When I get back I'd like to make a contribution.

Nevadasun

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
My best friends name is Ouellette. His parents are both from Maine. They met 50 or so years ago. Funny part is they have the same last name but different spellings. One is Ouellette and the other only has 1 T(Ouellete), and thier not related. Bob and Francouis Ouellette.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I don't know much about my roots on my fathers side since that a$$wipe split before I hit the age of one. On my mom's side, however this is my grandfather in 1926 - one of 3 "motor cops" in Fresno, CA. I've posted this picture before but I figure I have some pretty good genes so I like to brag a little. :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
[QUOTE[My best friends name is Ouellette. His parents are both from Maine[/QUOTE]

Lot of French families from the St John Valley and Ft Kent/ Aroostook County area have branches in Conneticut, they moved down for work at Pratt and Whitney, Phizer and the the other big companies. Ouellette is the most common spelling up there, But I've seen it with no E on the end, one T , and I knew a guy from Presque Isle that spelled it Willette.

I'd bet there are more than a few Pelletier' s, Clukey's, Daigles, Morneault's,
Cote's, Dubois ( du Bay, du bwah , du Boys) Thibodeaus , Theriault, Soucier, Saucier, Belanger, and Rioux (reo) in the phone books there.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know much about my roots on my fathers side since that a$$wipe split before I hit the age of one. On my mom's side, however this is my grandfather in 1926 - one of 3 "motor cops" in Fresno, CA. I've posted this picture before but I figure I have some pretty good genes so I like to brag a little. :D

GREAT genes. Nuff said.

·
Registered
57 Posts
1st & 3rd Generation

Here is my Grandpa back in 1943 with his '42 Indian leaving home in Minnisota
to migrate to California.. stayed in Cali the rest of his life, he told me he couldn't stand the winters in Minnisota and Cali was better for motorcycling.

Here is Me in 2007 with my 2004 RoadKing stripped down trying to duplicate the look in B&W

My Dad stills rides (2009 RK) but at this time i don't have any pics of him, and he don't know how to photo bucket.....
Me and my 2012 RGU

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
My Dad on his Knuckle head. Got his first beauty with $600 of green stamps then he bored it out to a 74.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
This is really Cool stuff, Im working on my register for Indian affairs, I am a English Scott on Fathers side and Monacan Indian. Cant wait to put it all together before I kick the bucket.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Resurrecting this thread...
Somewhere along the road I lost tons of images of my early riding life, but some of them still exist and I will share them here.
First ride was a home made scooter my father made for my sister who is 5 years my senior. My father built several scooters for me over the years until my desire for a 'store bought' motorcycle brought the 1966 CL160 Scrambler into my life.

Only best image of me, with family, and my first ride in the background circa (1962)

My first 'store boought' motorcycle, Honda CL160 Scrambler (circa 1966)

...and with Sam the dog

With my first Harley sharing with a nephew. 1971 Harley XLCH (circa 1971)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts