Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some 14" apes. 1 1/2 Dia. From Sinister Wheels at Street Vibrations today. Cant wait to get P/C this winter and get installed. 250.00!

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I really like the look of those, can't wait to see them on the bike! I've been looking for a nice set of bars and these look bad a$$! Do you know if the stock wiring will work or do you have extensions?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Gonekat, I see you finally made the move to the area. Congrats, Have to meet up sometime. Nice bars! Cheaper, no 4 month wait, and look better than my BR Custom bars. Nice find.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the complimets. The company is out of Turlock CA. I was originaly looking at Binfords bars. They had a special of 400.00! As i made my way through the vendors, i found these. Same bars. Wiring will be a sinch with the 1 1/2 dia. I was told by the guys doing the installs that they would use a +4 kit for cables.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanks for the complimets. The company is out of Turlock CA. I was originaly looking at Binfords bars. They had a special of 400.00! As i made my way through the vendors, i found these. Same bars. Wiring will be a sinch with the 1 1/2 dia. I was told by the guys doing the installs that they would use a +4 kit for cables.
They look very similar to my Vindikta bars. They look identical actually! Nice find!

I will say this, Don't expect them to be any easier to wire since they are 1 1/2 diameter. They still use 1" stock on the tops and bottoms so the turns from the grips and turns to bottom hole still SUCK!! Just a heads up for ya bro

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Now i need some new grips and the cables. Im torn between the sweet billet spike grips, or the more functional Avon or Kury grips

·
Registered
280 Posts
SMT Machine makes a sweet billet spiked grip that just looks real nice with those style bars. I run them on my bike.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OH Man, those SMT Assassin grips are AWESOME!. Being without throttle boss after 6 yrs with one has me a litle worried. I suppose they would be easy to sell if i could live without throttle boss. Hmmmm:rolleyes:

·
Registered
855 Posts
F*ck. That's a good price. Looks good too. No wait, even better. I'm not too far from Turlock. The nice thing about PC'ing your own stuff is that you're not limited to one color as if you were to order your bars from someb of the big-name guys.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have quite a bit of stuff goin in for PC this winter. I happen to be a fabricator and my shop PC's too, sooooo its going to be pretty cheap. Alot of stuff i have prepped and painted black is goiun to come off and get PC'd. Tail lights, floor boards, bars, dash, forks, turns, passenger pegs, saddle bag supports. Im goin with 60% gloss. it will yield a nice satin black finish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts