Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok.......
2011 RGU with lowers, hammock seat, lowered 1" in the back and 19" wheel up front. I'm 5'10" with 31-32" inseam.
I've tried, 10" and 12" Freedom Shield, 14" Cee Bailys TRCS and 13" Windvest.
The problem is I get too much side buffeting. Too much wind hammering me in the ears. I wear a half helmet most of the time.
I ordered Sanchos wings that should be here in a few days to see if they will help.
I know the ovious answer would be to wear a 3/4 helmet but other than that has anyone found a WS that helps with this?
Forgot to mention, I have the full Gads setup also and tried the MadStad but couldn't get past the looks. Believe me I tried.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
Ok.......
2011 RGU with lowers, hammock seat, lowered 1" in the back and 19" wheel up front. I'm 5'10" with 31-32" inseam.
I've tried, 10" and 12" Freedom Shield, 14" Cee Bailys TRCS and 13" Windvest.
The problem is I get too much side buffeting. Too much wind hammering me in the ears. I wear a half helmet most of the time.
I ordered Sanchos wings that should be here in a few days to see if they will help.
I know the ovious answer would be to wear a 3/4 helmet but other than that has anyone found a WS that helps with this?

Thanks
The Sancho wings make a difference. Those along with the dog dish deflector and the crash bar deflectors ,I get a pretty calm pocket . Even after I remove my lowers , it's still not bad.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Plus - unless the looks bother you - a madstad was great for me. Amazed me & especially my wife :smile:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Too bad you couldn't get past the looks of the Madstad, it works. Good luck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
This may sound silly, but I will put out there
Do you tuck your knees against the tank or let them stick out to the side in the wind
I'm a chunky fella with short legs, my knees try to stick out.
Makes a difference

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This may sound silly, but I will put out there
Do you tuck your knees against the tank or let them stick out to the side in the wind
I'm a chunky fella with short legs, my knees try to stick out.
Makes a difference

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Not silly at all. I mostly ride with my feet on the highway pegs. They are mounted as low as they will go.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
You're on a motorcycle so there is going to be some air flow. There is no way to stop buffeting from the airflow when you're in a crosswind.
I tried the sancho wings and I found them to be useless because most dirty air is coming from under the fairing not from the top or the side of the fairing.

Reactions: Hillglide

·
Registered
967 Posts
Agree/\ can't stop cross winds we are on two wheels after all.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had buffeting so bad I could hardly see. It turns out it was the helmet, it was one of the cheap leatherup brands. I now have a Scorpion helmet and it all but disappeared. I don't know it the old helmet sat too high or it wasn't aerodynamic but the new one works pretty good

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I have the sanchos wings with the engine guard deflectors and they work great, my windshield isn't that tall and I noticed a big difference, even on how my radio sounded.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts