Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Seems like a feeble excuse as opposed to a fix or solution. I'm sure guys in CA & southern states would like the option to close them to keep out rain, bugs, road debris, and pretty sure it gets cool there sometimes as well. As far as us up north, don't think I've ever "garaged" my bike for 6 months...4 or 5 months max. I'll ride till they start sanding/salting the roads so I do ride in some frosty temps.
This was the answer I received from an executive from Harley Davidson when I was at the factory in York PA. I, myself ride year round no matter where I am.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This was the answer I received from an executive from Harley Davidson when I was at the factory in York PA. I, myself ride year round no matter where I am.
I hear ya! Not blaming you at all. Wish HD would fix it if it's a problem instead of just removing/discontinuing it. They seem to do this sometimes...like HD-Connect. Didn't give it much time and discontinued it.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
I never feel the need to shut them.

Maybe stick a couple bandanas in there.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
Don't have them on my 2020...Had them on my '15, 16' 17 and '18......never closed them once

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I mainly close mine when I hit heavy rain.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I leave mine closed all the time. If it’s hot, I don’t need hot air in my face.....same thing when it’s cold.
Does it change the handling of the bike at all with them closed?

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
when i ride in the rain, with the vents open, water is directed straight at my face. gets up behind my glasses lenses and really makes it difficult to see. if i close them, sure, i still get some rain on my face, but it isn't like some leprechaun sitting on my dash shooting me with a squirt gun!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I have a 2020 and obviously also have no vent closures. I can appreciate those who leave them open on the earlier model year bikes, and for those who don’t miss them on the 2020. Personally I’d probably use them if I had them. For some reason I have a hard time keeping water out of my face when it rains on this bike. The fairing and the ability to ride in the rain was one of the biggest selling points of the road glide for me. That aspect hasn’t turned out the way I expected. I love my bike, but wish I could ride it in heavier rain. Anything more than a sprinkle and it’s like a fire hose in the face through those vents.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
No vent doors on my 2020 RGL. I installed the Custom Dynamics lighted mesh vent screens and love them. Reading here, I just ordered a magnetic sheet on Amazon and will cut to shape the vents. Will then stick them to the mesh screens when needed and it should do the trick!

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
No vent doors on my 2020 RGL. I installed the Custom Dynamics lighted mesh vent screens and love them. Reading here, I just ordered a magnetic sheet on Amazon and will cut to shape the vents. Will then stick them to the mesh screens when needed and it should do the trick!
Cut (2) Pair and name your price?

21 - 40 of 64 Posts