Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question regarding the blutooth function with sena , I have no issues whatsover connecting to my phone , works nice, but it will not connect to my RGS ,it sees it while searching and waits to connect but when I try to pair it just wont pair . Has anyone else had this issue? is there a ways to connect it ? Sure would be nice to listen to tunes off the bike , seems like a waste of money for a nice stereo system if i have to just listen from my fone , and the weird this is my phone pairs with the bike too

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sounds like you just need to pay the Harley tax and buy there wireless interface module and if you would like stereo sound in your wireless headset the Harley branded Sena 20s. If you do not have these two items it will not work.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gotta be way around that, Ill be looking , im not buying another $5000 anything from harley, if i have to Ill replace with all android and be done with the proprietory bull shit like qnx

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sena will not connect to bike without the $300 module. I have gone thru many different pairing combinations. This is what I've settled on for now. I pair nothing to the bike. I bought a USB splitter and run all music from a usb drive and used the other usb cable to charge phone. Then pair phone to sena for phone calls. With the usb drive I can make playlists and save them on the your bike radio favorites. This allows me to use bike controls for music controls. You can pair your phone to both and then use phone settings to control what goes to each device, but some of your handle bar controls wont work.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I went a little different route but also decided not to pair anything to the bike. No real value in it for me as it can't do what I want it to without modification. Instead I mount my phone on the bars and plug the charger into the cigarette lighter outlet. Then pair the phone to the Sena headset and listen to Sirius XM streaming from my phone or my music also from my phone. If I want FM radio I have that from the Sena headset itself. I use Waze for navigation since it works better than the HD navigation anyway and gives real time traffic. I just keep the Nav Maps up on the screen for reference and also to display the time and temperature.

I find that the MEE audio M6 PRO 2nd generation Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musicians’ In-Ear Monitors give me pretty nice sound for music and good noise elimination, so I use them instead of the Sena in helmet speakers. And then I don't need earplugs.

Things may change but for right now this setup is working well as a "work around" for what the HD system won't do. Just my $.02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts