Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had Vance and Hines True Duals with twin slash pipes, big sucker air cleaner and Commander 5 installed. I love the setup just want to know is little backfire normal on decal?

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
Is it the decel pop out of the exhaust or is it poping through the throttle body? Either way, it shouldn't be doing it with a proper tune. Did you install everything or did you have it done?

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
+1^^^^^
Sounds like the AFR is a bit out. The bike should not pop or backfire if the tune is right.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It is more like a heavier growl, it is not like a single backfire. And I did not do the install it was done at a local mom and pop bike shop in business for 15 years. Owner as they all were was a shop foreman at local HD dealership previously. When I asked about tuning at pick up he said all was done by putting in this and that into computer and it would be flawless? I am not at all a mechanic and bike seems to be better overall, just wonder if any decal sounds would be present if all is done right?

·
Registered
74 Posts
i have v&h propipe/pv5/screaming eagle intake and all done myself with a canned tune and get a little popping on decel only when letting it drop from 5,000 rpm down to 2000...in other words only when im racing around like a maniac, when driving civilized no popping on decel or throttle up

·
Registered
111 Posts
On a PC5 the decel area is in the 0 % range . Now if the stock cal that is loaded into in ECM, has the injectors turned off that will not do much of anything.

Add 3-5% fuel in the zero row from 4500-2250. See what that does. IF its lean that should reduced the closed throttle issue. PC5 has its limitations as you are dealing with a piggy back tuner.

For the basic upgrades you have it will complete the job without issue. Good luck

·
Registered
498 Posts
I just switched to V&H mufflers and mine did the same thing. I ran three autotunes with the PV and it has stopped. I also had a lot of gurgling on the exhaust on decal before the three tunes. That is gone as well. Mine was a consistent pop when I went above 3K rpms on shifting from first to second. If I stayed under 3K, no pop.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts