Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been off the grid for a while and after reading for hours on here:confused: couldn't find what I would like to do. I would like some suggestions for a
upgrade for a 15RG using the factory radio. New front speakers, and amp without having to take out a second mortgage to fund it. Budget is $500.00 or less, possible a 4ch amp for future lid speakers. If the fronts sound good then not a requirement.

Thanks in advance

· Registered
592 Posts
best I can come up with

Biktronics 6.5 coaxle speakers manufactured by HAT.JL Aduio hx280.amp kit I used the magic box but you could have it flashed at your dealer.i payed just under 500.00 I was able to buy everything g on sale.i would challenge any body to put a better sounding 2 channle system together.

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Biktronics 6.5 coaxle speakers manufactured by HAT.JL Aduio hx280.amp kit I used the magic box but you could have it flashed at your dealer.i payed just under 500.00 I was able to buy everything g on sale.i would challenge any body to put a better sounding 2 channle system together.
Is the magic box line converter? Where did you get one?
Thanks

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, went looking in Crutchfield and think I have it put together.
JL HX280 4ch amp, JL Audio MX650-CCX-SG-TLD-B marine speakers, Rockford Fosgate RF-HLC4 line converter, and amp wiring kit.

$560 shipped

Thoughts on what I picked?

· Registered
592 Posts
magic box

The magic box comes from cycle sounds 69.00 the biketronics speakers are water proof and carry a life time warranty. I bought the amp from creative audio a JL dealer on sale 179.00 if you talk too them maybe they will help with price. Good luck. Hybrid audio makes the speakers for biketronics I also got those for 179.00 on sale.(imagine series) this is a simple 2 channle set up that is amazing. Both jl and biketronics have great tech lines when it comes time too tuning it.a good quality amp install kit and your rocking.once again good luck and enjoy.(I bridged the amp.140 watts too each speaker)

· Registered
376 Posts
I just put the 7.1" Biketronics front and rear speakers with the 4 channel amp on my bike this year. They are friggin loud! You won't be disappointed, and their service rocks!

· Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I don't think 7.1s will fit in the 15 RG
The only ones I see on the site come with new grills, what I don't understand is
the hole fits a 6.5" speaker? Shouldn't any speaker that size work?
Also they want $300 for the 15RG speakers.

Model BT465 for 15RG, they look the same as the 7.1s minus some extra mounting holes.

· Registered
87 Posts
I would check out Biketronics RG package a little over your budget but you won't have to upgrade that amp later when you add another set of 4 ohm speakers. Bill at Biketronics can usually do better on their prices when you call him. If you only want to do audio once it's hard to beat their products, customer service and lifetime warranty.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

· Registered
376 Posts
So you used the BT71S speakers $149.00?
Yeah I think those are what I used. I could spare enough to go with the 7.1"s but not enough to go with the pro speakers! I'm not too sure what I got, I ordered them in a package all together with the amp. Everytime I listen to them I am amazed. Unfortunately I think it's going to force me to change my head unit so I get even better sound from them since I can't tune the stock radio much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.