Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked one of these up for the garage. While I'm in a generally safe and sound area. I do have traffic that rides by a lot on the weekends. I'm near a tourist destination and a shit ton of bikes come by all summer. While I was working on the garage the other day I had everything parked out front. And I did the math on what was being left unguarded in the garage. Fuck that. Went to Bestbuy. They had this system on sale for 215 bucks. I had a 30 dollar gift card and added the 2 year replacement for 25. Has central station monitoring for 14.95 a month. All wireless plug and play. Had it up and running in 15 minutes. 4 entry sensors and a motion sensor with the keypad. A small investment for a lot of peace of mind now.

https://simplisafe.com/

·
Registered
6,829 Posts
I’ve been thinking about getting one, sounds like an easy set up for sure.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've had one for 2+ years now, highly recommended. I bought direct and configured the system exactly how we needed it.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Ohio has tourist areas?
More than you can actually think of. Pro Football Hall of Fame, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Famous amusement parks. Plenty of hiking and camping in the lower part of the state (along with great riding) plus what John already stated.

B.O.T. the wife recently won a Ring Pro doorbell/camera set up at a fund raiser. That's also a nice setup.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,029 Posts
.... and here I thought that Ohio's prime tourist attraction was the flaming waters around Cleveland!

Actually have spent a small amount of time in/around Put In Bay. Was a great way to spend a day but kinda wished we had left before dark. It's a young crowd that drinks way too much. Ever since I was about 40, I've avoided places where the patrons get so drunk you can't hardly go into a bar without getting your shoes puked on. I won't be going back to Put In Bay, but I loved the area, very scenic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I have been thinking about getting this for a few months now. Seems like a reasonable product that does a good job. I am curious to know what everyone thinks and hear some more real reviews on it.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I have been thinking about getting this for a few months now. Seems like a reasonable product that does a good job. I am curious to know what everyone thinks and hear some more real reviews on it.

I recently put in a full Ring system (video doorbell; 3 additional cameras; several entry sensors, indoor motion detectors; smoke/carbon monoxide; flood/freeze sensors, etc). We’ve had it in place for a couple of months now and have been happy with it.

I looked at both Simplisafe and Ring. Where SS falls short for me is the lack of an outdoor camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts