Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cool looking helmet very quiet and has good vents that you can open and close I'm not a full face guy and need to get use to. Helmet is very light very surprised when I received it I thought the box was empty. I can only imagine how much lighter the carbon fiber one is. It also has the drop down shield on the inside like the fighter pilot. Peripheral vision is great.im going to give it some riding time it's just I'm not a full face helmet ride and I can't get use to it I might put it up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Been looking at that helmet. Reviews say its loud. But everyone is different. Does it have a pinlock shield? My next helmet has to have a pinlock. And Shark has a new Modular with a pinlock. Its between these two. I'd likely get the gloss black with the mirror shield.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Been looking at that helmet. Reviews say its loud. But everyone is different. Does it have a pinlock shield? My next helmet has to have a pinlock. And Shark has a new Modular with a pinlock. Its between these two. I'd likely get the gloss black with the mirror shield.
As someone who currently uses a Shark Evo 3, in my opinion it's HEAVY. Thinking about going back to a full face in carbon fiber at some point soon because of this. Also.....cant you buy a pinlock for installation in whatever lid you have? Seems like a guy I work with did that...I'll have to ask him. Being a Florida resident, I only really wear a lid when I know it's gonna rain, though I need to wear one a lot more often.

That Simpson looks awesome. One of my huge griping points about a full face helmet, aside from the fact that I've got a huge skull with ears like taxi doors, is peripheral vision. Unfortunately helmets are just one of those things where I feel like I need to try them on before I buy one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes it does have a pinlock shield and no it's not loud at all and it even has the cut outs for hooking up any Sena headsets

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As someone who currently uses a Shark Evo 3, in my opinion it's HEAVY. Thinking about going back to a full face in carbon fiber at some point soon because of this. Also.....cant you buy a pinlock for installation in whatever lid you have? Seems like a guy I work with did that...I'll have to ask him. Being a Florida resident, I only really wear a lid when I know it's gonna rain, though I need to wear one a lot more often.

That Simpson looks awesome. One of my huge griping points about a full face helmet, aside from the fact that I've got a huge skull with ears like taxi doors, is peripheral vision. Unfortunately helmets are just one of those things where I feel like I need to try them on before I buy one.
Peripheral vision is good I road on the hyw yesterday in 35 degrees and I live in NYC and no issue at all I only went with this helmet cause of the look and how light it is also thinking I'm going to use it as a summer helmet I was surprised on good it is considering that they are more of a race car company will see if I can get use to it

·
Registered
4,386 Posts

I have an Evoline 3 now. Love the helmet. I have the glue in pinlock now and it works. But the seal is so close when opening and closing it rubs and its wearing on the shield so soon I will either have a leak or no pinlock.

Yes it does have a pinlock shield and no it's not loud at all and it even has the cut outs for hooking up any Sena headsets

That's good news. Thanks.

Reactions: bkynrgu

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Nice looking helmet. Simpson was the helmet to have when I was young.

I have a Bell Star Carbon Fiber that is great on my Moto Guzzi with no wind protection. Hardly know I have it on and very stable in the wind.

I don't have to worry much about peripheral vision. I wear glasses so my head has to be on a swivel and I keep the factory mirrors for their convex view.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Cool looking helmet very quiet and has good vents that you can open and close I'm not a full face guy and need to get use to. Helmet is very light very surprised when I received it I thought the box was empty. I can only imagine how much lighter the carbon fiber one is. It also has the drop down shield on the inside like the fighter pilot. Peripheral vision is great.im going to give it some riding time it's just I'm not a full face helmet ride and I can't get use to it I might put it up for sale. https://uploads.tapatalk-
Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Did you order from a store in the States? I've been eyeballing this helmet for about 6 months and can't find it anywhere but Europe via ebay and google searches.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you order from a store in the States? I've been eyeballing this helmet for about 6 months and can't find it anywhere but Europe via ebay and google searches.
Yeah the one I have is now only European model when I spoke to Simpson they said they only made 100 us models the European ones don't have DOT that's y they are alittle cheaper

·
Registered
85 Posts
that think is the best looking helmet ive seen.
been looking at getting a ghost bandit or the mod bandit. both seem like they are great helmets. when its hot around here i have to stop a ton just to drink my water just want to be able to drink while i'm riding to get more the scenery. thinking the modular will help with that. both are seriously light helmets for what you get.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
that think is the best looking helmet ive seen.
been looking at getting a ghost bandit or the mod bandit. both seem like they are great helmets. when its hot around here i have to stop a ton just to drink my water just want to be able to drink while i'm riding to get more the scenery. thinking the modular will help with that. both are seriously light helmets for what you get.
When I was distance riding with a FF helmet I would wear a hydration pack with ice water in it and would just stick the hose in under the chin shield and take a drink when I want.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
When I was distance riding with a FF helmet I would wear a hydration pack with ice water in it and would just stick the hose in under the chin shield and take a drink when I want.
I have 2 camel back hydration backpacks. 70oz and 100oz from when I road mountain bikes. The 70 fits under my coat. The 100. Not so much. It has pockets.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ive done that in the past. The pack helps keep me cool for sure. Just kinda tired of that. Much easier to stash a bottle in my left lower and drink from it when wearing my 3/4 but I dig the FF now.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Ive done that in the past. The pack helps keep me cool for sure. Just kinda tired of that. Much easier to stash a bottle in my left lower and drink from it when wearing my 3/4 but I dig the FF now.
that's why modular helmets are a good compromise if your neck is strong enough to not notice the extra weight.

Nowadays I have to get off the bike often so that gives me a reason to take off the helmet and walk around and have a drink.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up the Simpson Mod Bandit (modular version of the Ghost Bandit) from Cycle Gear, 10% discount for veterans, free returns if you don't like it. Love the helmet, not loud as some of the reviews said. I added the Bluetooth makes long rides much easier. pin lock shield makes all the difference in the world!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts