Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up the Mod Bandit, after many upon many upon many months of searching for a replacement of my Shoei RF1100. (fitment is a problem on newer helmets)

It fits good overall, no immediate issues. However, after about 20-30 minutes the tops of my ears are in pain. Looking at the inside of the helmet suggests that where the plastic meets the shell has just enough lip to create a pressure point.

I could easily shave it down, but I'm not eager to dremel a new helmet that hasn't seen much road time.

While I wait for a reply from an email to Simpson, I figured I'd reach out here to see if anybody has any insight or suggestions.

note: I tried searching online for ear pads or something to help, but all I could find was racing speakers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Mine does the EXACT same thing!!!! Love the helmet but this part sucks. I called and talked to them, but they kinda just blew it off. I thought it was from my glasses and speakers but I’m gonna check what you have pictured. I’ll shave mine down....LOL

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I just cut that little lip out on the left side. That the only side that bothers me. I’ll let ya know if it works.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I gotta say I love mine the stock way, fits nice and many many hours in the saddle with no issue.

Hope you guys get them working for ya.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I gotta say I love mine the stock way, fits nice and many many hours in the saddle with no issue.

Hope you guys get them working for ya.
Wish mine (ours) was that way. My Shoei was almost perfect out of of the box, minimal break in needed. This isn't a break-in issue, but a poor design at those spots. Guess we're built different. Heh

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Update on this...sorry it took so long, I forgot about the post. I did a 1000 mile ride on the 3rd of September without issue. I took a second helmet but the Mod was the only one I wore. Seems I fixed my problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts