Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
My favorite pic? My family and me waiting for a ferry close to Narvik, Norway under the rain while heading to Cape North.
Despite days of rain the morale was very high. I was riding the shark with my wife, while my son was riding my other bike, the Dyna with my daughter. My son usually ride a Ducati but he realized that a HD was the one for that trip

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
This was a good day. First time I put the RGS thru her paces. Warm day riding up to 10800' on Grand Mesa, my friend Lonnie taking my picture with his thumb in there. The look of joy is real. Just cruising, no helmet. Still remember that feeling. :)

·
Administrator
11,819 Posts
Great Post SE👍
I've given this some thought and my favorite, changes with the wind. Many bikes over the years, with the time and situation, and the many many memories.....it will change

This was 1979, putting my 67 together (4th bike built in that garage) with the goal of selling and buying a brand spanking new HD

Iam sure my favorite will change tomorrow
View attachment 430678
There's a part of me that wants another shovel or pan , and then the old guy speaks up and reminds me of all the headaches that sometimes went along with them ..

JtB

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
There's a part of me that wants another shovel or pan , and then the old guy speaks up and reminds me of all the headaches that sometimes went along with them ..
I now find myself pining after late 90's EVO Sporties...that 1200 is bullet proof - Little something to putz around town on and never break 40 mph while I run errands in shorts and flip flops on back streets of 25mph

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

JtB
The newer generation of Harley riders will never know the need to carry tools when riding :LOL: :LOL::LOL:

I also finally realized that my attention span is short, very short, as @SteadyEddie said pic of your favorite memory on your RoadGlide........just another fukup in my daily routine.
So.....My favorite memory with a RG, would be at this time, the day I bought Raquel and met Birdie.
They always say, when buying a new vehicle....Be ready to walk out if the deal isn't what you want.
I was walking out, dressed to get on my bike, when the Sales Mgr said....wait a minute
The rest is history (Thats why Iam in my gear on the sales floor)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
I now find myself pining after late 90's EVO Sporties...that 1200 is bullet proof - Little something to putz around town on and never break 40 mph while I run errands in shorts and flip flops on back streets of 25mph
I have to LOL @ the flip flops and shorts..........While people laugh at me, looking like a roadside flagman at a construction site.
BTW, while at NVS one day, Carlos was taking a bike to his other shop, maybe 10 blocks away.
Wearing his usual attire.......Wife beater, shorts and sandals
I [email protected] him too

·
Registered
7,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I have to LOL @ the flip flops and shorts..........
By no means is it an every ride thing - For that I am Skid Lid, Kevlar Lined Jeans, Riding Shoe and Gloves....but the occasional "run up to Walgreens" will find me in my best Sat Lawn Cutting attire

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
61 - 80 of 117 Posts