Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody I now have questions concerning about the front braking system . I have a 23" Renegade Aspen with 11.5 " rotor . I noticed the thread about the master cylinder fitting needed to be 9/16 . Do I need to change out the master cylinder or use my existing ? Also what are recommendations for calipers .

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You will get varying opinions here but from my research for the best results. You should get a 9/16"master cylinder (from softails), 13" rotor, 6 piston caliper. New brake line.

Good luck.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
What year is your bike? 00-07 you need to change to 9/16, 08 and newer no need to change the master cylinder.

Drew

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
I am not sure of the bore on teh newer master cylinders but i do know that it is different. You learn something every day.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
If he's got a 11.5" rotor than its an older bike. Yes it has to be changed out. Native Customs sells take off master cylinder. Pretty good price. Check em out.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
So I have a 13 RGU and looking to change out my black MC with chrome Brake MC but I also plan to go single caliper in the future.

So I should be ok getting the replacement MC for my bike in chrome?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Yes, you'll be fine. It's the older bikes that had to change out the MC.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts