Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like both of these, anyone have experience with both? Which is more comfortable for a taller rider (6'2")?

·
Registered
837 Posts
I'm also 6'2" and have the 10" monkey bars. I wish I would have went with the 12s or even higher..... I'm considering selling the 10s to up grade but not sure I want to lose the money and time.

·
Registered
90 Posts
5'10" have the 10" yaffes,this winter I'm going taller,trying to decide on a solo seat first,may go 12 or 14 wild 1"s or Carlini's,I need more pullback then the Yaffes

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm also 6'2" and have the 10" monkey bars. I wish I would have went with the 12s or even higher..... I'm considering selling the 10s to up grade but not sure I want to lose the money and time.
This is the boat that I'm in. I'm 6ft/34" inseam and like the look of my 10's, but sometimes wish I would have listened to owners of 10" bars when they say they wish they went with 12's. Its the money investment that prevents me from doing the swap. I really think its the swoop-down design of the bars that lead most Monkey Bar buyers to buy 1 size smaller than the should have. Their 10's look like 12's, their 12's look like 14's, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dirtyb, were 10's not comfortable? Or do you just like the looks of the 12's better?

831roadster, you like the Yaffe's better because they were more comfortable or look better or both? 10's or 12's?

Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I have had all of them at one time or another. 12" on 08 Ultra Classic, then went to 10" on 2012 SG and then when I bought 2012 RG I wanted something different so I went with the Sinister Hot Rod Drag bars and really like the look and feel of these bars. I am 6'3" and had no problem with any of them. If you use the ones that are for the RG from Yaffe then supposedly you don't have to change any cables/wires. I didn't have to change anything with the Sinister bars.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Peppa1, which were the most comfortable?
Both styles were comfortable, they just put your hands in a different position. I have done long rides with both and not had any arm/shoulder/back problems with any of them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts