Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running these that can post some pics? I'm trying to decide whether to go chrome or black.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,633 Posts
Here's some pics I posted back in the spring. Bars are a pretty individualized item with what works for one guy being a pain in the shoulders for another. Personally, I love my Hot Rod Bars. They're all day comfort for me. On a long highway ride I click the Cruise on and every couple hours I move my hands from the grips to the middle crossbar on the bars just for a change of position and to relax the hands a little as I tend to over-grip the bars.

One word of caution, before you actually begin mounting them, check to see if the machined down portion of the bars where the handgrips go will allow full length engagement/installation of the grips. I had mine installed by a dealer and when I picked the bike up I noticed that one machined grip area was shorter than the other. This resulted in a little extra play on the right side, and on the left the grip isn't fully seated by about a 1/4 inch. Not a big deal but being fairly anal about these things, I would have had the bars machined down 1/4+" further on the left side so that the bar went all the way into the grip, and not be 1/4+" shy of going to the end of the grip. That's typical Sinister Industries quality control - or lack thereof. Like I said, it not anything to be concerned about unless you're detail oriented (anal) like me.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=19373

·
Registered
409 Posts
Here's my chrome ones

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Northwoods and Peppa, thanks to both of you for posting pics. Now I'm as confused as I was before (LOL). I like the looks of both, guess I'll have to put a little more thought into it but I know I'm getting these bars. I'll get the bars first then grips and mirrors. Have to space some of this out a little and then after I get it all I'll pick one weekend and put it all on at once. Thanks again for the pics.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, because of Peppa1 and Northwoods_Maine (had to put the blame on someone) I just spent a chunk of change. Ordered the Sinister hot rod bars, HD tribal mirrors, and the HD get a grip hand grips all in black. Going for some contrast on the BBP paint. Once I have it all on I'll see if I'm smart enough to figure out how to post pics.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wise choice in bars...........bad choice in color !! Chrome is where it's at !!

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
If I ever got rid of my Carlinis, that would be among my top 2 choices.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The cross bar does block part of the gauges. Comes across around the 20mph area of the gauges but it 's no big deal for me. I like the bars !

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,633 Posts
do these bars block you line of sight on the gauges?
Depends how you mount them and your height. There's quite a bit of adjustability in the forward/rearward directions. I'm 6'3" and they don't interfere with my view of the gauges at all.

MYGLIDE - so have you done the install yet? How do you like them? How about some pics?

·
Registered
409 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Depends how you mount them and your height. There's quite a bit of adjustability in the forward/rearward directions. I'm 6'3" and they don't interfere with my view of the gauges at all.

MYGLIDE - so have you done the install yet? How do you like them? How about some pics?
I'm 6'3" also and have mine adjusted for my arms etc. and they do cut across my gauges. I'd like to see a pic of how you have yours adjusted where they don't block your view of some of the gauges.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts