Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to post some pictures of my Sinister Industries Hot Rod Drag bars for others to see. They are a different look and are costly but I like them. I've had the Yaffe monkey bars on my last 2 Batwings and was looking for something different.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's another one.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I have a set also, and I will say that they are very comforteable. They give you plenty of leaning back room and handle very nice.

·
Registered
154 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Those look great. Did you use all the stock wires and cables? I'm thinking about those same bars. I'm not much of an ape kinda guy always liked a straighter type bar like t-bars or drag bars, maybe rode motocross too many years. Just feel like I have better control with this type of bar.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Those look great. Did you use all the stock wires and cables? I'm thinking about those same bars. I'm not much of an ape kinda guy always liked a straighter type bar like t-bars or drag bars, maybe rode motocross too many years. Just feel like I have better control with this type of bar.
According to Sinisters web site, these bars WILL work with stock cables.

http://www.sinisterindustries.com/store/shop/item.aspx/hot-rod-bars-for-road-glides-and-road-kings/19/

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't have to add anything other than a set of polyurethane riser bushings. Much better than stock ones.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like those a lot. Very Nice. What did they do for you comfort wise?
They are comfortable. Nice pull back. I haven't taken a long trip with them yet but they should be fine.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They look cool. Does the crossbar block your gauges?
Yes, the cross bar does split your gauges in half but I look at it like this if the needle is below or level with the gauges I'm not speeding and if the needle disapears on the right side I'm going so fast the cops can't catch me !! It's one of these cases where you get looks and give up a little function.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Did you buy 'em direct from Sinister or find a better deal elsewhere?

Found this set on eBay for $395 Shipped. Sinister price is $395 also but I assume they would charge shipping and possibly tax to AZ residents.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261097640730?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Also curious about any blockage of the instruments by the cross bar...thanks for posting pics!:D
I went direct to Sinister and did pay $35 shipping to Florida, no tax. The chrome ones are more than black $468.00 if I remember right !! The cross bar does block some of the gauges. See other post here about that. I like them !!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would like to see a side view so i could see the rise
This is the best I can give you for a side view. Fairing blocks a good side view.

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
love these bars - currently i have 14" outlawz - not happy

looking at these

if anyone could get a picture with rider on bike id appreciate that - trying to figure out height, reach and wrist angle

thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you have any trouble with your throttle side grip holding up? I had to grind down a shit load to make the throttle snap back and forth. I have Sinisters Gnarly grips too!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did you have any trouble with your throttle side grip holding up? I had to grind down a shit load to make the throttle snap back and forth. I have Sinisters Gnarly grips too!!
No problems with mine. I've got the HD Get a grip grips on mine.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts