Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't research the sinister,Pissed off bezel before I bought one. Anyway , it came today, my question is has anyone successfully installed one of these? If so do you have any tips for installing on a 12 road glide ultra? Or should I just send it back? Mam, that's a lot of questions. Thanks, Jim

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
IMO the best bet would be to send it back and wait in line for a Mean Mug. But if you are good at body work you can make it fit, IJS......BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
why do you suppose they call it "pissed off" ? :)

·
Shark of the Month August 13
3,318 Posts
Yeah, they'll fit..... ImageUploadedByMO Free1373939002.659325.jpg

Takes a bit of time messing with it, but as do most "non OEM" parts (most, not all) I've never had an issues with taking it on or off once I got it for to my fairing

As for returning it.......have you read Shope's return policy, 24 hours LOL basically if you bought it, you bought. But, once you fit it you'll like it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought it from Eastern customs, so I can return it. I really would like give it a try. I contacted Neil at mean mugs, sounds like it is going to be awhile before he starts up again. Thanks for the welcome, spent most of my time on HD forums until I bought my RGU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Worked on the pissed off bezel today, got it to fit. I used my Dremel tool with a cutting bit. I first compared the Oem bezel to the sinister. The most obvious difference was the tabs on the pissed off were much thicker than the oem. I was not going to cut my fairing so I lightly removed material from the tabs to get them close to the oem. The key is go slow, a little at a time until it fits, tighter is better than loose. View attachment 36970 now if it stays on. Jim

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great advise Brian, I followed what you said,obviously it worked. I kept looking at the pissed off in the box and had to get it on. Thanks for the help, Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts