Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 RGS, which comes with the security system. I added the siren II and tried setting up the chirp per the owners manual and get nothing. I tested the siren with the key fob Not around and get nothing when moving the bike. The lights flash as they should, etc.

It is not a hard install and I did read the instructions that came with the siren. I checked and there is the rechargeable battery installed. I wonder if the installed battery is extremely low and needs some time to charge when riding??

Any suggestion would be helpful

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a 2018 RGS, which comes with the security system. I added the siren II and tried setting up the chirp per the owners manual and get nothing. I tested the siren with the key fob Not around and get nothing when moving the bike. The lights flash as they should, etc.

It is not a hard install and I did read the instructions that came with the siren. I assume that it comes with a battery installed as the instructions did not indicate differently.

Any suggestion would be helpful
I just installed one a month ago, prior to a trip from Georgia to Arizona. I didn't have any issues with it, however the written instructions were poorly out of date. I doubt it will help, but the box installs into a 'pocket' that is empty (at the top, when you take off the side cover). The plug that goes into it is just off to the right of the empty spot and just plugs directly in. Other than that, adding the velcro strip to the frame is the only other step. I don't recall off-hand the exact method for 'mating' to the bike, but if you haven't already, I'd check youtube. That's what I did for pretty much all of the instructions and mine mated the first time.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
take it back... get a refund....

Go to Radio Shack and get the 12v PIEZO buzzer for $6..... two wires... Black and red.... wire it in... done...

This is all I run and works perfect

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All, thanks for the replies, the siren II is covered by warranty(first 60 days). I wondered if the internal re-chargeable battery was at a extremely low charge. I let it sit over night and this morning it worked just fine. Kind of tells me it is the internal battery on the unit, they are going to get me a new battery.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
take it back... get a refund....

Go to Radio Shack and get the 12v PIEZO buzzer for $6..... two wires... Black and red.... wire it in... done...

This is all I run and works perfect
You have Shacks there, ours are closed down

1 - 10 of 10 Posts