Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All the new audio parts have arrived, weather will soon allow some work to begin, so the question is.........where should the the Sirius XM Satellite antenna be placed........?

Obviously I'd prefer to hide it but reception may suffer, so who's done this and what route did you take ?

Thank you

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I have not added it yet. But the factory location under the fairing looks perfect. A little metal square at the top next to the radio. Out of sight with only a little plastic of the fairing over it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year bike are you referring to ? Don't know if they all had that square ? I'm on a 07 Glide.

·
Registered
315 Posts
What year bike are you referring to ? Don't know if they all had that square ? I'm on a 07 Glide.
On that year they don't but if you can make yourself something out of metal and attach it so the metal plate is grounded you may have better reception.. I had xm on my 08 and I moved antenna everywhere but I was always on plastic reception sucked. New bike xm works as good as my car. I put an xm antenna in my pickup at base of dash reception was lousy and it had clear view of sky.Took it and just moved it to roof excellent wasn't a foot difference in location but on metal not plastic. Just my experiences

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You by chance wouldn't happen to have a pic of that mounting pad and it's eaxct location ? No sense reinventing the wheel if I don't have to..................thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts