Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any preferred Sissy bar setups out there? The wife will not ride without one and there are too many choices. Do you recommend fixed or detachable, what company's/products do you like?

Thank you
Chris

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I personally prefer a detachable backrest/sissy bar because I have a TourPak as well. It's also a matter of taste that I prefer the look without the backrest. I only put it on if requested by a female passenger (if she doesn't want to hold tight – mandatory if a male... :D) Btw The backrest is OEM – compliments of CVO.

If choosing after-market, take look at HogWorkz (MSRP 198.99) detachable backrest. A friend of mine got it for his SG and is happy with it (although his wife got herself a Sportster - tired of riding ride b***). :)
It looks like the OEM but MoCo charges you US$ 299.95 and add another US$ 70.00-90.00 for the pad! Keep in mind you regardless need the HD Part #52300353 (4 Point Docking Hardware) to install. Also I've heard that some customers have complained that the HogWorkz has a "cheap" vinyl pad which is not as comfy as the OEM. But if price is not an issue I would pay the extra $$ for the OEM and your missus probably agree! :)

HOGWORKZ

Reactions: Singlebeam

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Like Viking Rider, I, too, have a tour pak that replaces the sissy bar for longer trips. So, a quick release was needed. I got mine done a bit more custom from The Forge, LLC in Missouri. You can see the sissy bar in the signature photo. His work is truly a piece of art. I run a solo seat, so did not opt for a passenger pad.

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Any preferred Sissy bar setups out there? The wife will not ride without one and there are too many choices. Do you recommend fixed or detachable, what company's/products do you like?

Thank you
Chris
I bought the second largest pad and tallest sissy bar Harley sells. Got detachable because I love to play with the look of the bike to suit my mood and I too have a tour pack. I wanted my wife to be comfortable, otherwise I would have to put the tour pack on every time she rode with me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm in the market for a sissy bar and pad too. I've been looking at the Harley stuff, but don't want to pay that much.

Y'all know anybody selling a used bar and pad?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I've got the same setup that is in VikingRider's pic, and the wife loves it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
For those of you looking for a harlet detachable sissy bar and back rest..There is a member (mrmrezg) that is selling his for $175.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with the HARLEY luggage rake and the padded back rest. I actually had them throw all of that in and the Hardware ($250) with part of my deal... which was about $800 of goodies.... also if you want to get the detachable tour pack down the road you will be all set up for it...DAWG from the Show Me State

·
Registered
48 Posts
For those of you looking for a harlet detachable sissy bar and back rest..There is a member (mrmrezg) that is selling his for $175.
Thanks for the heads up. I sent him a message and within about a day and a half, we worked out a deal and the bar/pad is en route!

This is turning out to be a really great community!!

Thanks a lot y'all.

And thanks a lot to mrmrezg for hooking me up!

I cannot wait to get home and meet some of y'all.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I put the HD sissy bar on docking on my RGS. Very well made. Adjustable on the angle. But I paid for the HD. Seems like it was over 600 bucks...for the sissy bar and the 4 point dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
I need one For My RGS,Thinking About the Old School Style,Check Out Ginz Choopers They have some Cool ones,Also seen a few I like on EBay.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I went with this one from Bowman Welding. Fit perfect and great quality.

You gotta ask yourself if its something you're actually going to remove often or not at all. If not, why go with the quick detach plus the four-point docking hardware if it's not something you really are going to remove.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I bought the H-D Detachables Sissy Bar Upright (Part Number 54247-09A) and Smooth Passenger Backrest Pad (Part Number 52886-98D) with a King H-D Detachables Two-Up Luggage Rack (Part Number 50300058A) all in black. The cost was shocking but I have to say it has been bulletproof. It was also required to get the wife on the back.

I like the detach so it can be removed. Sometimes I just like to change the look and it is nice when doing a detail to pull it off to clean the bike up.

Lots of choices out there. Not sure this is what I would have gotten if I had researched it but... I have never regretted purchasing it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I went with the HD adjustable (Part Number 52300258). My wife loves it. It gives you three different positions and we keep it in the "reclined" notch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I put the HD sissy bar on docking on my RGS. Very well made. Adjustable on the angle. But I paid for the HD. Seems like it was over 600 bucks...for the sissy bar and the 4 point dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
are you happy with it? seems like it's the way to go, need one for my wife as well, fml harley prices lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts