Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 RGU with 3000K on her. I have been sick for about a year fighting and winning against cancer. So the bike has been sitting, it was just serviced as I got laid up and my question what if anything needs to be done to get her road ready again. Other than the obvious tire and suspension. Cause Lord knows I am more than ready.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
Provided it was stored inside I think your all set provided the fluid levels are good. As you said check the tire pressures, and suspension pressure and go for a spin. Glad to hear you are winning the fight and back on 2-wheels.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
How full is the gas tank ? Did you use stabilizer ? Your going to want to get that old fuel out if you didn't use stabilizer. Maybe there is an additive that can rejuvenate the old fuel. Check with the auto parts. Besides that Just check the air in the tires and shocks and you should be good to go. Let the bike warm up and check engine and trans fluid levels and a once over just to make sure you have no leaks.
Some folks will have you changing your oil again but its not necessary if the bike was just serviced before you stored it for a year.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I did use stabilizer, knew it would be a while and will follow the rest of your suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
I am not mechanic so I can not tell you for sure what else needs to be checked besides what you already mentioned. I want to congratulate you on your victory with cancer. Ride long and enjoy life to the fullest:D

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Congratulations on your winning fight!

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Congrats, and welcome back to the road! That's awesome.

I won't even make fun of you for telling us that you have 3 million miles on your bike. :D

Cheers. -Jay

·
Registered
348 Posts
Glad to hear your going to ride again Poppi07. Live life to the fullest nobody knows when or where they will be checking out. My mother in law past before she was 50 never got to meet the grandkids. That has change our outlook on life my wife now wants to do everything and go everywhere. No time to waste.

Check your tires, suspension, and oils. Get some fresh fuel in your take and burn a tank or two. Might be best to change the oils shortly just to be safe. Ride on and enjoy every minute.

·
Registered
8,778 Posts
Yes I did use stabilizer, knew it would be a while and will follow the rest of your suggestions. Thanks
Your good to go. When I was over seas my bike would sit for up to a year and a half using Stabilizer and it always fired right up and ran well.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Everything seems to have been covered and it sounds like the bike is in riding shape. Good on you for fighting that C.?!!$&@ Enjoy your riding and I'm sure you've got a new and different perspective on things now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Congrats on beating cancer.

My recommendation is to take it to a dealer (riding over is okay) or to your favorite shop (my favorite is NOT the dealer) for a once over and have the all three oils (Engine, Primary, Xmission) changed and to have the brake lines purged. Going is an option. Stopping is not.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts