Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Road King that I would like to turn into a RG. Always liked the black and white skunk paint job. I think this paint job would even look good without the RG fairing.

What do you guys think?

Here's a picture of my bike...

·
Super Moderator
12,428 Posts
It would look good, but could be a little costly if you want the OEM paint and scheme, especially if you have the same vendor do the work.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Registered
837 Posts
I think it would look good. I would not buy the harley paint tho. Color match it as close as you can and go with it, know else would know the difference.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thought I would bring this up again, since I am not going to go with the RG fairing - a little too much work for me this year. Doing the carburetor conversion and some geared cams instead.

However, I am thinking of using that skunk paint scheme with a batwing fairing. I'm thinking the fairing will be solid black. What y'all think?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
To close to a cop bike for me unless you wide white stripe bags, maybe white edge the bat-wing, little tape and spray

·
Registered
359 Posts
I love the look of the skunk and would consider the purchase of one at the right price point. That being said I think your road king looks great and that you would not be happy with the results. Before you go this route get someone handy with a mask program to set up you RK with this paint scheme. Not all colour schemes look good on all bikes and your king looks good right now. I would hate to see you drop all that coin on a replica paint scheme that may not give you the expected results you are looking for. Good luck with whatever direction you take.:cool:

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hear what you're saying; been back and forth on this. When I do my carb conversion the bike will have a new all-black gas tank. I am then planning on painting the fenders black. I guess I can always add some pin-striping later.

Thanks for you input guys - greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found a paint scheme; HD came out with this one in 1998:

I have the inner and outer fairing; getting ready to start prepping it for paint. Hopefully, this summer it will be finished.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I found a paint scheme; HD came out with this one in 1998:

I have the inner and outer fairing; getting ready to start prepping it for paint. Hopefully, this summer it will be finished.

I met a guy Friday with this exact bike. That's the 95th anny paint scheme. Looks better in person than in pictures.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
That paint job looks great for sure. I thought I'd offer you mine here though as a much cheaper option. If you've got the dollars I'd go that one though.

Attachments

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That paint job looks great for sure. I thought I'd offer you mine here though as a much cheaper option. If you've got the dollars I'd go that one though.
That's a nice looking bike! That's just what I'm thinking of doing; just don't have the dough to go for the full skunk.

Was that a police bike?

·
Registered
656 Posts
That's a nice looking bike! That's just what I'm thinking of doing; just don't have the dough to go for the full skunk.

Was that a police bike?
Would a vinyl wrap be cheaper than paint?
I have seen them do some awesome stuff with the new wraps out now.

I too love the looks of the Skunk.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts