Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to northern Virginia on Friday night, with a plan to ride Skyline Drive and the Blue Ridge Parkway south to Roanoke on Saturday. Weather forecast is mid-80's and low % chance of rain. The primary purpose will be riding, but my secondary purpose is taking photographs along skyline and the BRP. I will be stopping frequently, but I'm fast on/off and composing my shots. If the timing is right, a ride up to the Roanoke star for some late day shots may be on the agenda, as well. Anyone interested in joining me is welcome.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I would love to go with you but I cannot go this weekend. Enjoy the ride and watch your speed. Lots of radars in the 35MPH zones. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Wish I could go, sick of the FL heat and thunderstorms every day.... In addition that is some of the most beautiful riding on the planet. The tickets are not to pricey. Got one my last trip, He did cut me a break on speed....

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Wish I could go, sick of the FL heat and thunderstorms every day.... In addition that is some of the most beautiful riding on the planet. The tickets are not to pricey. Got one my last trip, He did cut me a break on speed....
There is a $10 entrance fee at the gate to ride, but it's worth it even though you do have to hold the speed down and it is definitely cooler on the ridge line than down at lower elevations. Wish I could go too.

Next weekend, Back of the Dragon. Maybe we can get a few more to join us then?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts