Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I'll start my Build thread. The Dealer had already added on the following when I spotted her on the Showroom floor: V&H Power Dual Headers with Twin Slash mufflers, Screamin' Eagle Intake, SE 254-E Cams, SE Super Tuner. Signed, sealed, but not delivered, as I added several more goodies for the Dealer to install prior to taking delivery:

Dealer Installed:
Adjustable rider backrest (my back is shot)
Daymaker LED Headlamps
Pullback Heritage Handlebars
Oil Temp Gauge
Premium tour pack hinges
Color-matched Saddlebag filler strips
Passenger grab rails
Rear Brake-Run & T/S Controller

Mods I have installed:
Switced ACC adapter harness
Magnetic Lower Fairing Glovebox Doors
Shorty CB/Radio Antennas
TP Retractable Tether
Kuryakyn LED Taillight
Kuryakyn ISO: Grips, Floorboards, Floorboard Extenders, Brake Pedal Pad, Shifter Pegs, Highway Pegs, Rider Pegs
Custom Dynamics Red 8" Plasma Rods; Brake function only
Alloy Art LED front turn signals
Paul Yaffe Bagger Nation SCOOWL Headlight trim, color-matched
Blue LED accent lighting wired to ACC switch
Iron Aces iPhone Mount
Harley Edge Cut Saddlebag Latches
Harley Extended Shifter Levers
Innovative Storage Solutions Saddlebag Tool Pouches
WindVest Light Smoke 16"
Odometer garage door opener mod
LED gauge & radio faceplate color mod (blue, of course!)
Iron Cross Audio iPod cable
Arlen Ness Edge Cut fork tubes
HD Black Cowbells
RC Components Czar Eclipse Cut 13" Rotor
Hawg Halters 6-Piston Caliper & ABS brake line kit (black)
Patriot Suspension Adjustable Front Fork Spring Kit
Suspension Technologies 12" Adjustable Rear Shocks
Custom upholstered seat by Bitchin Stichin
HD Edge Cut mirrors
HD Edge Cut shifter rod

Still to come:
RC Components Czar Eclipse Cut 21/18 wheels
Klockwerks "Slicer" front fender
Hawg Wired six-pack audio
Color-matched Inner Fairing

...and here she is the day I signed on the dotted line:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Got some goodies installed -- finally

Between piss-poor weather and being sick, I haven't had time to get in the shop and get to work on Jenny. I still feel like crap, but I forged ahead and got the following installed today: (amazing what you can do on codine-laced cough syrup :D )

Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Rider Running Boards, Running Board Spacer Kit, Highway Pegs, Shifter pegs, Brake Pedal, Passenger Pegs and LED Taillight, plus Harley's Extended Shifter Levers.

I still have the Alloy Art front turn signals, the CD Plasma Rods, the Garage Door Opener Mod and Iron Aces' GPS mount to go, but that's another day.

Here's a few pix:

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Looking good. It just...never...ends!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Major Surgrey today

Jenny started her facelift today, as its was time to remove the radio, speedo and tach to send off for LED color mods. I also got the Alloy Art turn signals wired-up, Blue LED's put in the 4 small gauges and my WindVest light smoke windscreen installed.Tomorrow its LED accent lighting.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Blue LED accent wiring was installed today and wired into the ACC switch and I also managed to fab-up the fake Odometer/Garage door opener reset button on the Speedo/Tach bezel.

I'm now at the point of waiting for the UPS truck to deliver my radio, speedo & tach once the LED blue color mods are done.

Its getting there.

·
Registered
490 Posts
How do you like that Harley air cleaner? The RG I test drove and fell in love with had a stage 1 kit done with that a/c and I thought it was awesome how loud it was when romping on the the throttle.

Would you recommend it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you like that Harley air cleaner? The RG I test drove and fell in love with had a stage 1 kit done with that a/c and I thought it was awesome how loud it was when romping on the the throttle.

Would you recommend it?
Absolutely would recommend that Intake! As for romping on the Throttle, I hear the V&H exhaust and that's all. I did that Intake, as I'm doing an "edge cut" theme on the RGU

HTH

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the speedo & tack back from Marty today; Radio backlight is being done by Iron Cross Audio and they're adding their iPod cable. It gets installed Saturday

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jenny's Suspension/Brake mods complete

Just got Jenny back from the shop and the suspension/front brake mods are complete. Here's what I did:
Arlen Ness Deep Cut front fork tubes
HD Black cowbells
Patriot Suspension front fork lowering kit
RC Components Eclipse Cut "Czar" 13" floating rotor
Hawg Halters 6-Piston black caliper
Hawg Halters front ABS Brake line kit
Suspension Technologies F-Tech Series 12" rear shocks

I also added the Bagger Nation SCOOWL headlight bezel, color matched.

All parts were ordered thru Iron Aces Speed Shop. Linsdey worked-up a nice package deal, and get this; no shipping costs. Their level of Customer Service is a model for others to follow.

First impressions: Way better ride manners and NO FREAKIN FRONT END DIVE!!! ...and no bottoming out form the rear end.

The single Rotor setup is in prep for RC Components "Czar" wheels in a 21/18 combo this Summer.

Here are 'before' and 'after pix:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought so too! That wheel is trippy opened up with a single sided rotor setup :eek: holy turbine

BTW, I'm digging the house :D
Opening up that wheel was an unintended benefit, as I'm going with the RC Czar wheels very soon. I have to admit, for a stock OEM wheel opened up, it does look good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Added Edge Cut mirrors and Shift Rod

More pieces came in this weekend. I ditched the OEM mirrors, levers and shifter rod for HD's Edge Cut bits. Here are the before and afters:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts